Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
All that hat needs is a little cleaning and a crease that will hide the mostly fixed hole. While the hole is certainly a flaw, two Borsos like that one recently sold - one went for over $400 (7 3/8) and I can't recall the other's selling price (7 1/4, I think). This was a scratch and dent discount on a 7 1/2.

not mine

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
great looking Champ, 6 7/8 not mine
CHAMPFEDORA1.JPG

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Hey I won, one. Any thoughts on who I should send it out to, to have it cleaned and reblocked to a 7 7/8 and have the ribbon and sweat resown?

Jeff

Yikes! By the time that gets re-sized to a 7 7/8, that brim may be down to just about nothing. You may want to check on that before you spend the bucks.

Cheers,
JtL

delectans

Call Me a Cab
The same buyer(not me) also picked up the Schoble, listed by the same seller. Both hats were initially listed with starting bids of $49, sans BIN. Said buyer must have made an offer on the pair, and requested the seller re-list both with BIN prices!

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Refurbishment

Hey I won, one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=120694778294&si=nAa2V8ZHPaKwMyZtGyvPdzVt8II%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

got it a a good price. Any thoughts on who I should send it out to, to have it cleaned and reblocked to a 7 5/8 and have the ribbon and sweat resown?

Jeff

A lot of folks here recommend Optimo, but maybe there's somewhere closer to you that could do a nice job? Nice shade of green on that one, by the way.

Ande1964

Practically Family
The same buyer(not me) also picked up the Schoble, listed by the same seller. Both hats were initially listed with starting bids of $49, sans BIN. Said buyer must have made an offer on the pair, and requested the seller re-list both with BIN prices!

Nefarious! <insert wagging finger emoticon>

Anj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred