Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
I didn't notice your meltdown, but I think you will be happier to wait for an earlier example than this hat.
I took the money and used it to buy a Stetson XXX fifteen (sound familiar) in green that is on the Mailtruck on the the way to my front door today as I type. So all in all I am happy

Jeff

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Glad to here it Frank. Ebay has been good to me and my collecting/hording gene. I have had a couple of problems but have always gotten my money back. Enjoy your Large noggin hat.

Jeff

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Finally. Watching this clear nutria homburg, 6 7/8 sit for nearly two weeks was killing me.

very nice Peschel velour, 7 1/8

great old Borso, size 7
456208022_tp.jpg

Finally. Watching this clear nutria homburg, 6 7/8 sit for nearly two weeks was killing me.

Did you buy the teensy beauty?

456208022_tp.jpg

I was tempted to place a first bid with this seller on this hat, but there is something about the wanton use of unsharp mask in the pictures that always scares me away. If they were in my Photoshop class...

I hope we get to see some good shots of this beautiful liner.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I didn't get either the Borso or the Clear Nutria. They're both great, but I'm just a wearer, not a collector, and they're far too small for my head.

Regarding the Borsalino. It has the corrugated vent at the front. Any idea when that came in? I was thinking late 40s early 50s.

Looking at the liner imprint and the taped rear seam on the sweat, I think this example might be earlier than that. I have the corrugated venting on a Young-Quinlan Borso which I think is late 30s or early 40s... but with Borsalino, it's always a guess.

Looking at the liner imprint and the taped rear seam on the sweat, I think this example might be earlier than that. I have the corrugated venting on a Young-Quinlan Borso which I think is late 30s or early 40s... but with Borsalino, it's always a guess.

The paper label points to early 50s at the latest. It is tough with Borsalinos because they used similar methods all the way up to end of the 1970s (for example taped rear seam).

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Regarding the Borsalino. It has the corrugated vent at the front. Any idea when that came in? I was thinking late 40s early 50s.

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/7/5/0/9/1/webimg/456207969_o.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

It's got to be early 50s at least, as my Savoy has an OPS tag and a corrugated sweat.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The corrugation feature of the Borsalino has been around long before the 40's and 50's. Two of my pre-1920's Borsalino's had it. Guessing it debuted around the turn of the 20th century.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred