Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

DJH

I'll Lock Up
It is a nice colour, that's for sure.
Looking at the bidding, it is the classic 2 people really want the same item deal. Either could have bought for half the price without the interest from the other.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I live about an hour away from you in Huntington WV and the same can be said here. There is just absolutely no market to find vintage hats in our area.
:D Congratulations to your wife for the win, and to you, you lucky devil! :eusa_clap It looks to be a nice one, and does have a Playboy look about it.

As I said, it's just as well I didn't win it. I need to rein in the spending a bit. It would have been cool to just drive into town and pick it up, though. I've checked into the various antique and thrift shops in Portsmouth and have never found anything decent hat-wise for me.

Cheers,
Tom

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
:D Congratulations to your wife for the win, and to you, you lucky devil! :eusa_clap It looks to be a nice one, and does have a Playboy look about it.

As I said, it's just as well I didn't win it. I need to rein in the spending a bit. It would have been cool to just drive into town and pick it up, though. I've checked into the various antique and thrift shops in Portsmouth and have never found anything decent hat-wise for me.

Cheers,
Tom

Thank you so very much. It will be some effort for me to find appropriate clothing to some degree to wear with the green color, but I am hopeful grey suits may go well with it? Yes indeed, I am so blessed for my Wife and all she does for me and our household. I sure love her dearly!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Haillton cld 50 yrs at Mallory Hats watch

ham2.JPG

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Gripe. Just issued a full refund for a 1930's Stetson box I sold. I packed it with great care, much bubble wrap, a strong brand new box, and large red lettering on every surface reading "FRAGILE." You know where this is headed. It arrived crushed, and the hat box is unsalvageable. The only thing I did not do was to tape custom-made sticks into each corner of the packing box so it could withstand casual attempts to crush it. How far do you go?

The buyer speculates that the post office has adopted a "who-gives-a-s**t" attitude with all the proposed closures and downsizing measures. He may be right.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Gripe. Just issued a full refund for a 1930's Stetson box I sold. I packed it with great care, much bubble wrap, a strong brand new box, and large red lettering on every surface reading "FRAGILE." You know where this is headed. It arrived crushed, and the hat box is unsalvageable. The only thing I did not do was to tape custom-made sticks into each corner of the packing box so it could withstand casual attempts to crush it. How far do you go?

The buyer speculates that the post office has adopted a "who-gives-a-s**t" attitude with all the proposed closures and downsizing measures. He may be right.
That is scary! I hope things I may ship to anyone will not be abused! GeeZ!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Yikes... that's awful, Randall. I had a very similar thing happen last week shipping a hat (not selling it, so no refund to worry about, however). The box (also having excellent integrity and marked FRAGILE from a previous shipment) arrived at its destination completely crushed, and the hat though not damaged, arrived completely flat.

I'm nervous, as it's now back in transit. I wonder how I'll receive it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff