Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I could not resist buying a 50+ year old hat for forty nine cents more than it sold for when new.
I am NOT a cowboy, I dunno where I would ever wear it & it seems a shame to cut down that brim.

BUT I love everything about this hat FANTASTIC crease, ruby red liner, cool cushy sweatband. Just the brim that scares me. :eeek:
Awesome hat. Now that is a serious Ft. Worth kick.

I picked up this gray Mayser Velour. I am thinking this one could be an old one (pre 1940) so very rare. Looking forward to its arrival.

7336091950_7b75a777ac_b.jpg

7336092094_129c0819d1_b.jpg

7336092196_8f2b7270ee_b.jpg

7336092030_2ee7944948_b.jpg

7336092514_c61ac48a2e_b.jpg

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
Ok, One small step for mankind...One giant step for the technology challenged Mystic.
A couple of weeks ago I ran into a sale on a pretty good point & shoot camera. A good deal for my use, anyway.
I have just today had time to play with it.

BEWARE !!! Scary photos could appear on your computer screen at any time now....

The technology challenged Mystic getting a demonstration with new camera from sales person.

IMG_0001.jpg
[/IMG]

I have a great Nikon my wife got me for Christmas a couple of years ago but since I got my iPhone I don't use it anymore. I've taken and posted some great pictures on here and they've all been from my phone.
stratoliner10.jpg

dnjan

One Too Many
I have a great Nikon my wife got me for Christmas a couple of years ago but since I got my iPhone I don't use it anymore. I've taken and posted some great pictures on here and they've all been from my phone.
Like the hat, but are you suggesting that those of us who are technically-challenged should dump our cameras and get i-phones??? :)

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Terry ,I like that look with the matching color shirt and hat, you have that Hemingway swagger about you with that cigar too!
I agree the I phone camera best for posting pics here too.

Mystic

Practically Family
stratoliner10.jpg

I considered a camera/phone. And, noted Alan's great photo's taken from his iPhone. And, even asked some questions on this thread about iPhones, cameras used to post photos on the internet.

But, I have no need of a cell phone and the additional bill to pay.

A point & shoot camera better suits my needs. And, the reduced price made it even more suitable.

This photo was taken by the salesperson showing me the ease and quality of the product. Both met my satisfaction and intended purpose for taking photos.

As I grow older I actually would prefer a less than perfect photo of my mug.....so I could blame the camera for my looks. :smile:

dnjan

One Too Many
As I grow older I actually would prefer a less than perfect photo of my mug.....so I could blame the camera for my looks. :smile:
I've contemplated smearing a bit on vaseline on the lense...
In the old days, when photographers often used filters on the front of their lenses, it wasn't unusual to have a plain filter reserved for the "soft-focus" (vaseline) treatment.

Mystic

Practically Family
I've contemplated smearing a bit on vaseline on the lense...
In the old days, when photographers often used filters on the front of their lenses, it wasn't unusual to have a plain filter reserved for the "soft-focus" (vaseline) treatment.

Hey, maybe that's better than adding the caveat, best viewed from a distance, to every head shot. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou