Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

kaosharper1

One Too Many
theinterchange said:
Interesting. I've always thought my VS [when I get one] would be feather weight.

Randy

Better hurry up. They won't be around much longer. Light weight bodies are being phased out by the supplier to Art last I heard.

I'm not getting (understanding) your antipathy. What exactly is wrong with the sweatband?

theinterchange said:

Here folks is where it gets hilarious. Check out the sweatband....

Like I said previously, I was oddly fascinated by this hat. I knew it was junky, but couldn't pass it up. [huh]

Randy

P.S The hilarious part of the whole thing is the seller put a STINKING dryer sheet inside the hat and I can't even keep the box or hat in the house. It's giving the whole household sinus headaches![/QUOTE]

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Akubra Boss

I picked this up from the auction site
0d81f55c.jpg

7f2b29ac.jpg

It was advertised as new but it wasn't new. It was in great shape and I'm pretty happy with it. It has the white Akubra liner (unlike my new stylemaster) and the band it different than what is shown on the Akubra site.
338ed089.jpg

Instead of "Akubra" on the band it says "Outback" and is a different leather pattern also.
0473b32f.jpg

I kinda feel like a villain in this one.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
I'm not getting (understanding) your antipathy. What exactly is wrong with the sweatband?

Where it meets in the back is completely off center. I guess it is a tad hard to see from the picture, but it's well to the right of where it should be.

Randy

theinterchange

One Too Many
Rodkins said:
It was advertised as new but it wasn't new. It was in great shape and I'm pretty happy with it. It has the white Akubra liner (unlike my new stylemaster) and the band it different than what is shown on the Akubra site.

What color liner is in the Stylemaster?

Great hat!

Randy

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
theinterchange said:
Where it meets in the back is completely off center. I guess it is a tad hard to see from the picture, but it's well to the right of where it should be.

Randy
So maybe it's not the band but rather when they put the crease in the hat it was rotated. Just guessing - I'm a newbie ;)

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
theinterchange said:

Randy

Nothing wrong with the hat that I can see. It is what it is. The sweatbands usually go in before the hat is creased so if the seam is off center the hat was creased off center. Not all that uncommon.

Fix the crease and it will be much better.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
theinterchange said:

I don't know about this particular hat. But I have some really wonderful hats that for one reason or another are off center. That doesn't matter as long as it fits and suits the person who wears it. Wonky brims can be cool too. Some asymmetries can actually enhance and personalize look and fit. ;)

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
garenb said:
Tried my first foray with ebay. Unfortunately, I got out bid with literally 1 second left on the auction. Oh well :)

Don't despair!

The heavy hitters usually bid in the final seconds. Nothing unusual there. It happened to us all as we set out to learn ebay. Besides, there are plenty more hats of that quality and better out there. Don't beat yourself up over this one. ;)

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Todays mail brought me...

Today's mail brought me a medium dark gray Stetson Royal Delux...

stetsonroyaldelux.JPG

I paid $25. It's just a tad big on me because it is a 7-1/8 and I am a 7. But for $25 I couldn't pass it up. It has a few more shallow moth nips than the seller claimed (a few near the ribbon that they didn't mention) but it is still in great shape.

SteveAS

Practically Family
theinterchange said:
T'wern't me. :D Though, were it my size, I'd have been very interested. On a side note, I'm surprised it didn't go a bit higher.

Randy

Ya' think? Seems about right for a smallish Open Road with a few spots and at least one moth divot (see the 4th picture).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda