Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Marco,
I didn't realize that a lounge member was selling the hat. Any particular reason you decided to part with it?
It's the first Wegener bowler I've seen listed anywhere (at least in my size).

MB15

New in Town
Hello chasechopper,
the reason is easy: I've got too many hats for now, and decided to sell at least a part of them. I also didn't know that a lounger was the buyer, but this way, i can be sure that the bowler will got a good new home.
Greetings
Marco

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Paul - great deal on the Adam.

Smoothie - that one is great. Hope you post a pic of you wearing it when it arrives. Should be a very stylish look.

Splintz - I had much the same thought!

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
At that price, why not buy new from one of the custom hatters? I think you can get a new hat in all-beaver for that price, or thereabouts.

Maybe they want a one of a kind hat perhaps? But then again I am not too sure about how it works with hats for men but with hats for women, I see these modern day milliners charging the same and many times even more than what I pay for vintage one of a kind hats. I figure that when I buy vintage hats that they are most likely the last of its kind in existence considering the hats I collect are from the 20s and 30s, but if I buy new hats there will be several women walking around with the same hat. I know the number of newer hats I have is under 10.

Says its being shipped from the Republic of Serbia.

Yes... a complicated international affair, perhaps the reason the opening bid was never placed.

and a Greenish Gray(Ontano)-one of the few colors not displayed in the photos. Lets hope it really is Punti size for the buyer.

I wouldn't want to match it to an outfit from the auction photos. Saw a photo today of one of Aureliano's hats with the same label - even he had a hard time capturing the color. Looks to be Punti 6.5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy