Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Yes, all of these things except what some of us may be interested in bidding on w/o added advertisement.
Alright....understood.........LAST E-Bay listing I will help my fellow loungers out with.........just thought it was a cool hat someone HERE should get...............
Good luck and I hope to see more pictures of it when you win.:)
Cheers,
M

A reasonable buy it now for this twin to mine. Likely a 7" crown when open.

brownclearnutria1.jpg

rogerstg

A-List Customer
I was surprised that this Featherweight Champ didn't go for more than $43, especially with free shipping.
EBay link
I hope the few noted stains come out with a simple naphtha bath, but even if not, it will suit me fine as a casual summer lid.
s-l1600.jpg

Another "before"
Champ Ebay 2.jpg

I received the hat, a bit more rumpled than pictures, but after a bit of steaming and naphtha bath, it came out pretty well. All the stains are gone.
After cleaning and steaming:
Champ Ebay after s.jpg

Interesting that it seems to have no bow, just the band.

Roger

40Cal

One Too Many
Another "before"
View attachment 69264

I received the hat, a bit more rumpled than pictures, but after a bit of steaming and naphtha bath, it came out pretty well. All the stains are gone.
View attachment 69265

Roger
That's how Champ attains "Featherweight" status. Bows are heavy! haha
Looks like a great hat. Nice job bringing it back!

Another "before"
View attachment 69264

View attachment 69265

Roger
My Stephen L. Stetson came with that type of ribbon treatment. I left it like that for a while, but ultimately Mike Miller added a new one. This is a stunning hat, nice to see how it has come back to life.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Another "before"
View attachment 69264

View attachment 69265

Roger
I need to clean my Champ. I assume you remove the ribbon and liner/sweat before a naptha bath? Then air dry, or rinse first then air dry, or...???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy