Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

barrowjh

One Too Many
GallatinHatMan - I watched . . .

I was watching that one, and am quite surprised that it went for that price, especially since the auction listing mentioned the original box. I have all my vintage collection in vintage boxes, and Borsalino boxes are relatively rare. I already have a vintage Borsalino just like that one, on the left in this old pic of my thin-ribbons:
062908007.jpg

I have so many hats already, cry there is only one head to wear them on. I paid about $145 for my copy of that Borsalino in an auction maybe 3 years ago. Worse, I have no Borsalino box to put it in, so it sits in one of those common Knox boxes. Nowadays, I only bid if it is below $20 AND it is something I do not already have in the collection. That one was over $20, and I already have one, but couldn't stop myself from watching anyway. Congratulations to you, GallatinHatMan, ya scored big time on this one!!!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
I'm pretty certain that it's another JtL hat based on size, condition, and price.

Fess up! :D

OK! OK! I confess! :D

I just love the felt/ribbon color combo along with that beautiful edge binding -- and it looks like a unique ribbon treatment, as well. Very cool.

Cheers,
JtL

Mike K.

One Too Many
Ebay Victory

I just pulled the trigger on this outstanding example of an original Abercrombie & Fitch pith helmet...in my size!! This helmet dates back to the very early 20th century, when A&F was a real outfitter equipping the likes of the Teddy Roosevelt safari of 1909.

G2SM1a746cc5-e3ec-4d3c-a928-206f1d3.jpg

G2SM03580ea5-0e86-4df9-a7f7-5eb704f.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner