Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
jeffconnors said:
I was the only one to see this one for the first few days. Stood at 10 bones until the last second. Thus ones a keeper
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123#ht_500wt_948

Sweet - very nice pick-up!

I just won this 'Select Quality' Stetson. The sweatband logo is a little different than the ones that Robert and I have, so looking forward to comparing other characteristics to help put those logos in order:

Stetson Select on ebay

hatstetson2.jpg

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
ScottF said:

I just won this 'Select Quality' Stetson. The sweatband logo is a little different than the ones that Robert and I have, so looking forward to comparing other characteristics to help put those logos in order:

Stetson Select on ebay

hatstetson2.jpg

I saw that one early on too, even got the seller to post more pics.
Wool!?!?! Ha!! What a hat nice grab Scott!!!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
jeffconnors said:
I saw that one early on too, even got the seller to post more pics.
Wool!?!?! Ha!! What a hat nice grab Scott!!!

Thanks Jeff. She sent a lot of detail via email, so I felt safe bidding - it's tagged 7 1/4, sweatband is a little dry but not crumbly (still could be a nightmare), and only damage is slight mothing on bottom of brim near the sweatband.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
ScottF said:

Stetson Select on ebay

hatstetson2.jpg

Damn it man! Are there no rules against sniping an Aussie while he sleeps??!
Great pick-up Scott. I expected it to go much higher.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
gtdean48 said:
Looked like the snipers really came in & took the price up...

Yeah, they did. Higher than I would have liked! I certainly didn't expect that much competition! :eusa_doh:

It gave me conflicting messages, such as the appearance of the liner vs. the description of the size tag saying "3/8" rather than "7 3/8". That and the Twenty Five designation. Anyone know when that was last used?

Anyway... went higher than I probably should have, but I've been trying to find something like this for some time for my brother-in-law; one that I might not mind seeing used and abused.

On the other hand, I may have made it up with this grey 3X Open Road.

Scott, great catch on the Stetson Select Quality! I eyed it but I've been in a bit of a feeding frenzy lately so passed up on it. Looking forward to seeing it after you've had a chance to fix it up!

Cheers,
Tom

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Tango Yankee said:
Yeah, they did. Higher than I would have liked! I certainly didn't expect that much competition! :eusa_doh:

It gave me conflicting messages, such as the appearance of the liner vs. the description of the size tag saying "3/8" rather than "7 3/8". That and the Twenty Five designation. Anyone know when that was last used?

Anyway... went higher than I probably should have, but I've been trying to find something like this for some time for my brother-in-law; one that I might not mind seeing used and abused.

On the other hand, I may have made it up with this grey 3X Open Road.

Scott, great catch on the Stetson Select Quality! I eyed it but I've been in a bit of a feeding frenzy lately so passed up on it. Looking forward to seeing it after you've had a chance to fix it up!

Cheers,
Tom

Gee Tom, are you saying you accidentally won a Stetson Twenty-Five, not knowing what it was ?!? I think that one is from the late '50s. At least 2-3 loungers have posted saying they prefer the 'Twenty-Five' over other Stetsons priced higher. I've never owned one, but did put in the puny 3rd-place bid.

Thanks on the 'Select' - hopefully it fits and cleans up nicely. My snipe was WAY higher than it went for - quite a pleasant surprise.

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
ScottF said:
Thanks on the 'Select' - hopefully it fits and cleans up nicely. My snipe was WAY higher than it went for - quite a pleasant surprise.

Sometimes you know you are defeated before you start the battle <--Referring only to eBay auctions of course...

I figured you would get this one Scott and decided to let you have it without much of a fight. :p ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran