Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eddie Albert dies at 99.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I haven't seen any news about Eddie Albert's passing online, but I heard on the radio that he died today at the age of ninety-nine.

I always him in Green Acres.

May he rest in peace.

Lee

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
I don't know which is true. A few other sources say he pass away in 2005. Nonetheless, he was a excellent entertainer.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Eddie Albert

Green Acres is the place to be...

Farmin' is the life for me...

Land stretchin' out so far and wide...keep Manhattan...just give me that countryside!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Mark G said:
He died the end of May.
May 2005, natch.

He actually WAS 99 at the time, tho. He used the birthdate of 1908 but was actually born in '06.

Likely the confusion arose from the phoney date 1908 plus the true fact that he was 99 at his death. 1908 + 99 = 2007...not many celebrities get to die twice.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
This just in

The wonderful actor Eddie Albert is still dead.
In related news Generalissimo Francisco Franco is expected recovery.

The Wolf
<-------

ledsled

One of the Regulars
Wasn't he a pilot in WWII?

Thanks for putting the announcement here, as this is the first I heard of his passing. I don't want to start false rumors, but wasn't he some kind of a WWII pilot or soldier?

TailendCharlie

One of the Regulars
USMC

ledsled said:
Thanks for putting the announcement here, as this is the first I heard of his passing. I don't want to start false rumors, but wasn't he some kind of a WWII pilot or soldier?
A pilot of sort,He commanded a landing craft in the invasion of the island of Tarawa in the South Pacific November 1943.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80