Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ElC Redskin D-1

Xopher

A-List Customer
I could have sworn I saw an ELC Redskin D1 somewhere once...what happened to them? They looked killer, did they get discontinued?

HPA Rep

Vendor
I am unaware of any ever being produced for sale, but it's possible a sample may have been made. I've asked for this many years ago, but the request went no where. I suspect Gary will not make one until he can locate a vintage example to copy and show, which is a tall order.

Back in the mid-1990's I saw the only example I've ever encountered and it was in superb condition, just missing the label. I didn't buy it due to the missing label and have regretted it ever since. Think about the low production numbers of this item, the fact they would have gotten hard use, and one shows up in near-new condition. While I believe everything exists and this has been my mantra throughout my collecting years, that D-1 should not have been passed up.

Speaking from a design perspective, there was no difference between the redskin D-1 and the dark brown versions other than having a chain neck hanger and no pockets, but you can find early dark brown versions so configured.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass