Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Elegant or Clownish? You decide ...

maintcoder

A-List Customer
It is an interesting suit and I would take a chance on wearing it, even if I might end up looking like Sydney Greenstreet! ;)

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
When I first saw that suit something about it looked "off" and I just realized what it is. It is the fact that the suit's main color is charcoal (a town color)yet it has bold checks (a country pattern.) Thus you have a suit which is sending a mixed message. If the suit were a khaki, brown or even olive coloring then I think it would work perfectly. The check pattern I don't think is the problem at all. I think the reason it looks wierd is that it is essentially a charcoal grey double-breasted city suit with the yellow check pattern thrown on it where it doesn't belong.

Mycroft

One Too Many
It looks like a million bucks, like what you would see a race car team owner wear, a bit wild, but formal. They are kinda popular in my workplace with Lobbist. Not to through you off or something like that. It is also kinda Nero Wolfish.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Well...only way to see if I liked it was to try it on. I really think it looks nice....a co-worker thinks so, too.

pin-stripe.jpg

shindeco

A-List Customer
[QUOTE/]If Bertie Wooster had sauntered in with a suit like this, Jeeves would have been obliged to pummel him senseless.[/QUOTE]

Can't remember which book but the quote is something like:

Wooster: Lots of fellows have been asking the name of my tailor.

Jeeves: Doubtless, in order to avoid him, sir.

I actually like it. It's an "in-between" suit; designed to be worn in town or in "sort-of" country settings.

graywindowpane5yg.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
The suit glows tomuch.

Well, seeing there is strong yellow in the suit it's self, I'd say a tie that has yellow in it would be one of the only choices.;)

But, I do agree with the white shirt, maybe a light gray shirt would work better.

=WR=

PS. The suit in the fashion plate that was just posted is really nice! gray and black is a good combo of windowpane.;)

Wild Root

Gone Home
shindeco said:
Can't remember which book but the quote is something like:

Wooster: Lots of fellows have been asking the name of my tailor.

Jeeves: Doubtless, in order to avoid him, sir.

I actually like it. It's an "in-between" suit; designed to be worn in town or in "sort-of" country settings.

graywindowpane5yg.jpg

Check this out, I made that suit better!;) A belt back makes every thing much cool!

graywindowpane5ygcopy5jx.jpg

=WR=

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Did you all notice,...

Wild Root said:
Check this out, I made that suit better!;) A belt back makes every thing much cool!

graywindowpane5ygcopy5jx.jpg

=WR=

The russet brown shoes and hat with the gray suit? I seem to recall a question here recently regarding the issue of whether or not that works. Actually it does,....looks pretty good really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy