Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Elegant or Clownish? You decide ...

Wild Root

Gone Home
RyFranzese24 said:
Isn't that the guy from Office Space?

And Root, that is so freaking cool what that belt did to the suit!

Why thank you, I'm rather happy with it my self.;)

=WR=

PS. If I had my way, 30's belted backs would be the only thing I'd wear!

Harry Lime

Suspended
Wild Root said:
Why thank you, I'm rather happy with it my self.;)

=WR=

PS. If I had my way, 30's belted backs would be the only thing I'd wear!

Root, you better think about this - that would mean giving up those really cool Hollywood jackets you own (and some other pretty cool sports jackets as well.)

Harry Lime

Braxton36

One of the Regulars
I actually really like the suit. I agree that it will take the right person to pull it off but it's quintessentially British and must have been ordered by someone who already had an extensive wardrobe as this is certainly not what you would call run-of-the-mill.

A key ingredient to avoiding the used car salesman look would be pairing this with really good shoes and a really fine tie. Since yellow shoes probably aren't an option :cool: , I think some yellow in the tie is valid.

Harry Lime

Suspended
I thin the last posts hit the nail on the head - it's British and was probably purchased by someone with a pretty extensive wardrobe. I really love the way the British dress in general. Walk through London and you'll really see style and a lot of flair. Much more interesting than just average blue and grey suits that we see over here so much.

Harry Lime

kools

Practically Family
Root, you better think about this - that would mean giving up those really cool Hollywood jackets you own (and some other pretty cool sports jackets as well.)

Harry Lime

Yeah...contact me when you "have your way" & I'll take some of that other "junk" off your hands

Wild Root

Gone Home
Harry Lime said:

Harry Lime

Oh yeah, well about that... they're not going any where;) If I have learned anything about life, it's I hardly ever get my way:p

Sincerely the belted back dreamer,
=WR=

shamus

Suspended
I like that suit.

If that suit were made in polyester with that great plastic sheen, then yes, used car sales man but only with a loud tie and black "comfy" shoes.

But with a nice pair of wingtips, fedora with a light hint of yellow band and it's sweet.

Zach R.

Practically Family
Its a great suit if you are going for the Lex Luthor look.

snapshot200602172042150zz.jpg

Poor old Lex. A criminal genius surely has to dress like that? At least he's wearing a boutonniere.

Cape and skin-tight top/leggings? Man dressing as woman? And, in a stunning presage of modern fashion, he has a huge brand on his chest and his underpants are showing! The knee hugging jeans and brand-emblazoned tops worn by the youf of today all stem directly from a love of superman.

On the Tron suit: It's okay. I vaguely recall the Duke wearing something similar towards the end. Shannon Sharpe (sp?) would accessorise that nicely for football on the telly.

bk

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
The color the style... very comic book. I could easily see it on a clown wearing yellow and white correspondent shoes.

Grey or navy with a good white chalk stripe is needed in styles of this sort something dignified. It's one thing to be outlandish in tailoring, it's one thing to be outlandish in fabric... it's a totally different thing to be outlandish in both... very very hard to pull off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy