Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Elton John's Vintage B-Day

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Have a look at some of the clothes:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/article-23388886-details/article.do

Have a look at Daniel Craig:

craig_150x350.jpg

This shot is even better (posted at COW):

007fedorabs2.jpg

Kind regards,
Magnoli

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Now...where was my invite?

Must have got lost in the post [huh]

Daniel Craig looks great!! Now that would have made a good interview for Classic Mag.

Feraud

Bartender
That is classic style. A day's worth of face hair growth or a wee too long sleeve does not detract from the final product. The everyday man of the past was probably not perfectly primped.
He looks much better than that garbage the runway folks are throwing at us.
Craig needs to be in CS!

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Bond gets it right

Craig looks great, I must say. The tie links the hat to the suit, though I may have gone with gray. Still, he looks great. Though, to be hyper-critical, I must agree with jml90 that the sleeves are a touch long. In comparison to your average celeb, I must give him accolades. :eusa_clap

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Demob suits.

When servicemen after WWII were being discharged from the ranks and returning back to their pre-war civvie lives, the govt. as a leaving present kitted them out with a suit on being 'demobilised' (Demob) from the services.

They even had a limited choice of fabrics and styles to choose from and this suit helped set them up for their entry back into a civilian peacetime career.

(that's my very simplistic explanation [huh] ).

and the fact that these suits were in very unfashionable (for the late 40s) 1930s cut meant that they went to the back of the closet never to be worn again. And in the days of moth balls this meant that when the serviceman died and the family was chucking out his wardrobe, here was the demob suit sitting un(or barely)touched for us vintage-obsessed folks to grab. Not many left now. they've all been picked up already.

The one my grandad got was altered to fit my dad, and had the lapels trimmed etc. He wore it to death sometime in the early 1960s. Then threw all the hand painted American pin up/naked girl ties in the bin. :eusa_doh: He won't believe me what those ties sell for on eBay.

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany