Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Elton John's Vintage B-Day

it'll usually have a label with one of these on it:

CC41.jpg

However there are many suits which have the CC41 pacmen but are not demob suits. I've always found it hard to tell between the demob and other CC41 suits. As i recall you could have single breasted peak lapel, single breasted notch, DB 4x1 or DB 6x2. Each demobbed veteran was supplied with jacket, trousers, waistcoat, shirt, tie and shoes (or so my grandad told me).

check out this link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ww2peopleswar/stories/95/a5875095.shtml

bk

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I used to find a fair number of demob suits in Santiago's used clothing stores. Before the Fedora Lounge was around, I had no idea what those "pacman" labels signified. Thanks to bulk rag merchants, vintage demob suits are still being exported to Third World countries.

Jovan

Suspended
Despite the sleeves, I think Daniel Craig looks great. What ever happened to James Bond wearing double breasteds? It worked for Roger Moore pretty well, and they'd be missing an opportunity since Brioni makes a good one.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
My first DB suit (since I was a kid, anyway) is on its way to me. After hanging out here and seeing so many great vintage suits, the modern standard 2-piece, SB, notch-lapel suit seems so boring to me now. That's all that's in my wardrobe at the moment, but I'm working to correct that.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Feraud said:
Considering most of today's "bad guys" wear their pants around the butt, I think undoing 2-3 buttons is a snap. ;)

But look here:

Indy Magnoli said:
According to Fleming, Bond was a minimilist and didn't like fussing with unnecessary fasteners.... hence his preference to wear slip-on Chelsea boots as apposed to lacers.

I rest my case. :) No DBs for Bond!

Jovan

Suspended
Sting looks good, except for the open collar. :( Paul McCartney looking very excellent in classic white tie. More no cuff showing from the both of 'em, but what can you do? :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt