Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

agreed, though I dream of a pair of Lot 268 Attractions some day.
Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 5.36.07 AM.png

Last edited:

Gav

Practically Family
The real mccoys make a buco engineer from shell cordovan for eye watering money. Their standard buco is plain old horse butt.
My favorite is still attractions for the profile, shape, shinki teacore horse butt and relatively low price (compared with brass and rmc anyway), I love mine.
And I'm in Japan now, Tokyo next week - will be hitting up brass, rmc, toys McCoy, attractions etc.

Last edited:

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
My problem with Attractions is that I have seen some not-so-great stitching from them on the uppers. It's a shame, because the leather looks nice, but I don't think they are up to par.

@58panheadfan those are stunning!

I've handled/tried them on. Extremely well-made - as you'd expect - and very warm, being lined completely in sheepskin. They run to size - I tried a size seven on and it fit perfectly.
Well, if we actually follow-through and go work on a farm for a month next year in Offaly, Ireland, maybe I'll pick up a pair.
Have no lined boots sans some Sorrel for rain/snow, but not very TFL friendly.

I have them for trips back East to help Mom in PA - usually in the winter months. I can't take the east coast heat+humidity, so I go in the winter time and bring the N-1, Aero wool scarves, and gloves. Sorrel aren't swagger boots, but they are good for the elements, and you can find them off-season on Amazon for dollars. I got a nearly $200 pair this spring for $37. I kept watching them drop and as usual, they will drop only so far and either sell out, or go back up. If you time it right, you score big.

I've handled/tried them on. Extremely well-made - as you'd expect - and very warm, being lined completely in sheepskin. They run to size - I tried a size seven on and it fit perfectly.

Of all the versions of this work boot, Aero's take is my favorite. Those Marcher ones. I don't really know why, I just love the way they looks. Maybe because they're least pretentious. Tho 1000 Mile boots are sweet too.

@handymike, those would be my priority if I wasn't so dead afraid of the wrong boot size. I honestly don't even have a clue anymore what shoe size I wear...

@Sloan1874, you should post some photos of im. Near impossible to find any pics of Marchers that have actually been worm. And they're such a sweet boots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB