• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Creeping Past, Dec 12, 2008.

1. regius

regius Practically Family

THE HEEL ARE EXTRA TALL? DOES IT FEEL HIGH?

Sheepdog149 likes this.
  2. They're made in Italy. I'll have to see if I can find the brand name for you. No, actually it's a Toyota :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. SpeedRcrX

SpeedRcrX One Too Many

This is the standard height. My burgundy ones have the same heel, so I can’t compare.... but I feel great in those boots better than in my Frye

El Marro and regius like this.
  4. Blackadder

Blackadder One Too Many

Red Wing 8268 and Viberg Roughout 2005 last
    IMG_3718.JPG IMG_3715.JPG

Dav, El Marro and BobHufford like this.
  5. Bfd70

Bfd70 Familiar Face

My new Chippewa. I'm a little nervous. I keep asking myself "why are these so comfortable?"
    It seems too good to be true.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Bfd70

Bfd70 Familiar Face

Ok, so the above post is 8 hours old. Now, i need opinions. Boots fit good with thin socks, snug with regular weight socks, and heavy weight are a no go.
    Question: ride it out and expect stretch. Or exchange for 1/2 size larger?

7. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 One Too Many

Nope - send them back. I live across from Chicago at the same "latitude" in Iowa, and you need thick socks too much, including when I used to live in Chi-town. Unless these are to be spring/summer only.

8. Boyo

Boyo Practically Family

Really, i would think that more than 8 hours is necessary to break these in.. the Op's post says they fit great with thin socks. i say these are your size and i would keep wearing them and gradually introduce the thicker socks as they break in.

tropicalbob likes this.
  9. Good afternoon folks! [​IMG]

10. jonesy86

jonesy86 Practically Family

I think you are right on. I bet the Frye Addison are a much better then the Frye Sutton boot in that class of boot. I'm just cheap. I have to chuckle (not out loud I hope) when I realize that a lot of the really expensive vintage stuff, and reproductions we love, were originally the cheapest working class stuff available.

BTW
    Amazon has Addison's for sale now for $140.

https://www.amazon.com/FRYE-Mens-Ad...Frye+addison&refinements=p_89:FRYE&th=1&psc=1

tropicalbob likes this.
  11. jonesy86

jonesy86 Practically Family

Or maybe $220, I guess the price varies depending on what size is in the greatest demand.

12. Bfd70

Bfd70 Familiar Face

Interesting point about pricing. I've found the "work wear" trend of the past few years smirk worthy. No matter the quality or durability, nobody pays $300 for a pair of jeans to do real labor in.

13. Dav

Dav Practically Family

[QUOTE="Bfd70, post: 2332031, member: 41335" No matter the quality or durability, nobody pays $300 for a pair of jeans to do real labor in.[/QUOTE]

Erm, 25oz Iron Heart's
    DSC_0637 (1024x683).jpg

Okay, I admit I didn't buy them specifically to work in but that is where they're used these days. :)
    I have got engineer boots on as well, so the pic is sort of relevant to the thread.

El Marro, Edward, Bushman and 4 others like this.
  14. Bfd70

Bfd70 Familiar Face

Wow. I stand corrected. I guess i didn't factor in the rotating to work status old jeans. I will now make up a statistic. 97.3 % of people who buy expensive denim do not purchase them with the intention of performing actual labor in them.

Nice pants BTW

Edward, Bamaboots and Dav like this.
  15. andy b.

andy b. One of the Regulars

Make that 95%.
    I am right now wearing a $350 pair of jeans for work on a construction site. I got them in the end of October and have been wearing them every day with an occasional wash.
    I am not saying this to brag, and I am certainly not wealthy. I just find that the jeans don't develop any character unless you actually do work in them. After 4 or 5 months they are broken in how I like them and I rotate them OUT of work status. How's that for throwing a big fat curve in your hypothesis? I normally wear MUCH cheaper jeans for work. LOL

El Marro, Edward and Dav like this.
  16. Bfd70

Bfd70 Familiar Face

95% but 87.6% who do are members of TFL.

El Marro, andy b. and SkyCapt. like this.
  17. Drinkin' beers with da fellas [​IMG]

18. regius

regius Practically Family

New Viberg Horsebuttock Engineer chelsea last[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]reminds you of....Attractions??? Much much much more ergonomic!

So, the hide comes from a well known italian tannery that supplies horsehide to Schott. This is the thicker version of the Schott leather. I dig the all black look but obviously Viberg marked the he’ll up as this leather is cheaper than Horween. Anyhow, the boots looks dressy & fits well outta the box. You are standing on leveled sole, not tilting forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Nicely done sir!

20. Dav

Dav Practically Family

Lofgren Badalassi cognac, anybody got a pair? Would love to see how they age.
    24232294_1747623951946425_6349670012768893424_n.jpg