Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Enough with the logos

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Listen, anyone who could design a tie like this in 1946, deserved to have her initials (in this case, "CM") displayed on it:

mooooreties.jpg

KAT

A-List Customer
Matt Deckard said:
don't bring up the piss drunk in the cab stories KAT... they get me into trouble in every city. The dames alway seem to be able to keep track of my wallet no matter how drunk I am.

i dont know where you hide your wallet:rolleyes:

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Logos have gone overboard here

During the last year or so, not only logos have been appearing on many articles of clothing, they're actually covered in hideous scribble or graffiti prints, usually the manufacturer's name printed over and over and over again.I was talking to a neighbour one morning, who was stopped by twice by members of his family and warned that he had a bad smudge on the bottom of his shirt. He'd best change to a clean shirt, they advised him. It wasn't a 'smudge', he protested; it was a brand logo printed in tiny dots!

I'm with PrettySquareGirl on this. If the manufacturers want me to advertise for them, they should be paying me for the advertising space, not me paying for privilege to be their walking advertisement.

That tie has a name in an inconspicuous way.
What really kills me is the way kids wear baseball caps with the label still on them! The hang tag and all! What is this Hee Haw?! :rage:
Just go out and buy a sandwich board and wear that around. At least you might get some money back for advertising. :rolleyes:
I hate monogramed shirts---especially on the cuff. What they forgot who they are? :p

Regards,

J

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Benny Holiday said:
If the manufacturers want me to advertise for them, they should be paying me for the advertising space, not me paying for privilege to be their walking advertisement.
But it's such a win-win situation. The brand gets free advertising. The customer gets to show everyone that he/she threw money away.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
What happened to the day when class had no logo?

Elegance today seems to be bought by many. Who has the right sunglasses... the richest people dress doudy and the poor dress doudy too. Finess and cut and combination of attire are my logo. Not the Billionaire boys club crocodile.

It was his logo... not ours. and his was giant, not tiny.

René Lacoste
1788_Lacoste-2.1B.jpg

I can wear my coat of arms, though I'm not into wearing Ralphs initials.

Matt Deckard said:
Elegance today seems to be bought by many. Who has the right sunglasses... the richest people dress doudy and the poor dress doudy too. Finess and cut and combination of attire are my logo. Not the Billionaire boys club crocodile.
I can wear my coat of arms, though I'm not into wearing Ralphs initials.

Exactly the avenue I was going down.
I have my coat of arms as well. I wear that on a blue double breasted blazer but I am just advertising myself. One has to know your foe across the battelfield now-a-days you know. :D

Regards,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred