Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Esther Weis Millinery

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Esther is now making a "Lords" hat for me, three weeks out and the wait begins.
It will be worth every minute of the wait. But don't get too excited, not if your Post Office is of the same efficiency as ours, in which case, add another two weeks to your wait. But even then, it will still be worth waiting for, it just builds on the anticipation.
hats 025.jpg

RJR

It will be worth every minute of the wait. But don't get too excited, not if your Post Office is of the same efficiency as ours, in which case, add another two weeks to your wait. But even then, it will still be worth waiting for, it just builds on the anticipation.
View attachment 54065
Very nice,congrats.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Esther is now making a "Lords" hat for me, three weeks out and the wait begins.
How's the wait going? On tenterhooks yet? You will of course show us a pose in your new, Belgium made hat, in the meantime let me explain what you have to look forward to:
"Every inch will have been moulded, gently beaten and rolled to turn the felt into a unique, visceral hat. It will, I promise, be a true work of art."
Can you bear the waiting?

How's the wait going? On tenterhooks yet? You will of course show us a pose in your new, Belgium made hat, in the meantime let me explain what you have to look forward to:
"Every inch will have been moulded, gently beaten and rolled to turn the felt into a unique, visceral hat. It will, I promise, be a true work of art."
Can you bear the waiting?
Esther is helping me through the wait by sending pics of the process. The crown is complete, brim roll next and when the damn ribbon shows up from the French it will be complete.

Of course, it is August! As we say in Quebec...'tabernac'

Not out loud, you don't, do you? Mon Dieu!

Although, wasn't it Rene Levesque (by executive order) that had all the stop signs in Quebec changed to "WWT," the abbreviation for "Whoa, Whoa, Tabernac!!"
N'est-ce pas?!!

Sorry to hijack your thread, Esther. Your lids are luscious, lass!!

EstherWeis

Vendor
Hi all,

I've been up to my ears in ladies hats but I'm still working on some nice gentlemen's hats.

I'm working on a lords hat for belfastboy and it will be ready very soon. It's looking good, if I say so myself.
I'm providing you all with photo's on monday.

These are ones that I finished yesterday

b50d804e3cfa92cacea0a6c569f3c35a.jpg

addison

One of the Regulars
Who told you that?
View attachment 51018
View attachment 51019
The next photo is not one of Esther's most photogenic, nontheless she still has that wow factor in front of a camera. This dress needs a petticoat to give it the flair that it has been designed and made to wear with. She has the hat to go with it, the petticoat to give it flare and the figure to do it justice. Will she go for it?
View attachment 51020

Now there's a woman who likes to look like a WOMAN. My lid goes off to you, Esther!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
If you have Esther make you a hat, you will LOVE IT! The one I have here for Daniel, is still his all time favorite hat. That speaks for itself from him as we have had over 300 hats come and go and some "stay" in our ownership over the past 6 years or so. When you have a hat that is just so super nice, and you love it, you keep it. That is what Esther makes!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Wow. What an amazing post. I had to fix this....that is a very special gift. One more reason for my gift going to Esther....
Just had to make a comment here. Moon is a super sweetheart and a real Gentlemen, I can sure know his having something made for his young Daughter is so well deserved, and of course, Esther has such a heart as well...an Angel! This is really what the Lounge is all about! Good people doing great things! It just does not get any better.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Just had to make a comment here. Moon is a super sweetheart and a real Gentlemen, I can sure know his having something made for his young Daughter is so well deserved, and of course, Esther has such a heart as well...an Angel! This is really what the Lounge is all about! Good people doing great things! It just does not get any better.
Very heartfelt Cindy and very true. Thank you for saying so.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Now there's a woman who likes to look like a WOMAN. My lid goes off to you, Esther!
Agreed, she does look good, but then again I do have a mercenary reason for agreeing so. The dress Esther wore in that photo was made by my wife, Tina.
As she has previously said, Esther is up to here with work, but she did promise to do a glammed up pose, so what we need here, is some encouragement from Loungers to get Esther to take time out to pose for us. Perhaps we could petition her. If you want to see her looking all swirly and girly in the dress that Tina made her, say so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats