Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ever heard of LION hats???

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
There are a pair on #### right now, and they are escalating in price. Both have been a meal for a moth or two. Prices are out of control on ####, and I have never even heard of this hatter before.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bartender, remove this thread?

Earlier we had a discussion of a live auction
on a Borsalino hat with plenty of information
for anyone trying to find it. I found it no problem.
In addition, there's the discussion of the two tone
hat on eBay. Not hard to find. Now this.

Do we discuss live auctions here or not?
Ebay does have search capabilities.

BTW, so does the Fedora Lounge, in which
you could find hits on Lion Hats.

Magus

Practically Family
feltfan said:

OUCH....

As the author of the two-toned hat thread I just want it clear that I never mentioned the dreded "E" word...or referenced it in any way. I had just never seen a hat of that type.

M

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Well excuse me

feltfan said:

I have edited out the dreaded name. I have no horse in this race, just trying to learn something about a hatter that was new to me. If the thread needs to be moved then thats ok by me. I did not provide a link now or before. Just stated where I saw the hats.

Andy I hope that it is ok to quote you on this. Let me know if it is a problem and I will gladly correct it ASAP.

NO POSTINGS OF LIVE EBAY AUCTIONS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please, Ladies and Gentlemen, in the HATS section, LIVE AUCTIONS ON EBAY (LINKS) ARE NOT ALLOWED.

If YOU won the auction, or if it is closed, you can post the link or pictures to discuss the item, or show off your new hat.

If you want to give a member a "hot tip" on an Ebay item, please PM them.

Posting Live Auctions from Ebay is not what The Lounge is all about.

Hope you understand.
And not one moment after.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Andykev : 01-13-2006 at 11:55 PM.

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, those #### hats are pretty sweet. I would love to get a few of those #### hats myself. Oh, and by the way, go to ####.com or search #### on Ebay and see what the buzz is all about!

Seems pretty ridiculous to me too hats4me. Maybe the "rules" need to be more specific and easy to find in the lounge.

maintcoder

A-List Customer
I agree with Feltfan. It is perfectly plausible to ask about a certain type of hat or hat maker without referencing it was seen on eBay or any other auction/sale site. The question as written - whether edited to remove eBay or not - outs the auction as sure as if you had posted the link.

Please take this as simple constructive criticism - I would just ask that everyone try to be a bit more conscious of the above situation.

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Inquiring minds

The question still remain, does anyone know anything about Lion Hats? Are they just a small off brand? Are they a quality hat? Does anyone even care about them. Inquiring minds want to know. Or at least I would like to know.

P.S. I thought that this is what the Lounge is all about. Learning about hats, that is.

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Lion hats? I thought we were talking about #### hats!

I guess you can ask a hat question as long as you don't mention it's for sale anywere in the world at this moment. Gee, it would never occur to me to go to some auction site and look up a hat brand I had never heard of.

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
J. M. Stovall said:
Lion hats? I thought we were talking about #### hats!

I guess you can ask a hat question as long as you don't mention it's for sale anywere in the world at this moment. Gee, it would never occur to me to go to some auction site and look up a hat brand I had never heard of.

LMAO aint that tha truth

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Magus said:
OUCH....

As the author of the two-toned hat thread I just want it clear that I never mentioned the dreded "E" word...or referenced it in any way. I had just never seen a hat of that type.

M

I saw that hat as well. The 2 toned deal is new to me as well. I saw a 2 toned hat a month or so ago at a ###### shop and thought it was a prank hat. I may just have to go back and investigate it further.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Lion Hats were produced by Langenberg Hat Company. That's as much as I know, and that's only because of a post mthatter made a couple of weeks ago.

Brad

E-us Bayicus!

Sometimes it is amazing to get to see people go nuts over something most people would say, "How can These be worth that much or not in that condition!" On the Straight Razor forums you'll get a heads up to both the sublime and the bizarre. :fing28:

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ebay Ebay Ebay

You can say Ebay all you want, and say ,"hey there is a neat hat there" kind of thing. That is a discussion. It is when the LINKS are posted. The whole point to restrict this is to keep the acution on that site. This is a discussion and information forum. Don't want this to revert to a Craig's list or shill for Ebay. But who cares if you say "folks I am looking at a great Stetson" on a famous auction site. I am just trying to keep things reasonable.

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
John in Covina said:
Sometimes it is amazing to get to see people go nuts over something most people would say, "How can These be worth that much or not in that condition!" On the Straight Razor forums you'll get a heads up to both the sublime and the bizarre. :fing28:

That is pretty much my original thought. I saw a name that I had never seen before, the price was escalating and the hats were flawed. The only reasonable reason, would be that Lion was some special hat, maybe like a Disney. Ahhh but the truth is it is just more of the outrageous prices that are selling on #bay.

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Andykev said:
You can say Ebay all you want, and say ,"hey there is a neat hat there" kind of thing. That is a discussion. It is when the LINKS are posted. The whole point to restrict this is to keep the acution on that site. This is a discussion and information forum. Don't want this to revert to a Craig's list or shill for Ebay. But who cares if you say "folks I am looking at a great Stetson" on a famous auction site. I am just trying to keep things reasonable.

Thanks for the clarification Andy.:cool2:

maintcoder

A-List Customer
Andykev said:

Andy,

I am sorry to see you post this as I believe that outing an auction to come in many forms. If Hats4Me had wanted to know about Lion Hats, I believe this type of post would have sufficed

hats4me said:
...does anyone know anything about Lion Hats? Are they just a small off brand? Are they a quality hat? Does anyone even care about them. Inquiring minds want to know. Or at least I would like to know...
(emphasis added by me)

and not the provocative original post that describes an ongoing eBay auction which does nothing to foster an answer to the original (stated) intent of the question. I understand the no links rule, but if you describe the auction in such detail that it can be easily found, aren't you outing an auction all the same?

I guess what I am saying is this... outing an auction can come in many forms and in my mind, this was an out as sure as posting the link. I seem to remember some posts that disappeared very recently that I inquired about that outed an auction in much the same manner...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR