Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Evil Denim Los Angeles

Edward

Bartender
Edward, if you are interested in these jeans, keep an eye on the rockabilly weekenders, either Nick or Big Ed are usually at the major ones, and I was told that they will be doing another production run.

Thanks, will do! Shipping and taxes just take it over the edge, but if I could buy in the UK at US prices....

Otherwise, you could buy the Freddie's and just pry off the suspender buttons.

Yeah, looked at that, but I can't see any way of doing it without leaving nasty holes in 'em!

Looks like all the cheaper versions have sold out. Didn't take long:eeek:

Hardly a surprise... I wasn't in the position to buy that close to Christmas and with money tight as it is, but they had those at Rhythm Riot for GBP35.00 a pop. Given what it normally costs to get a pair of halfway decent looking, vintage-styled pantalons de nimes....

Rockin' Dog

New in Town
I purchased a couple of pairs of EVIL "501s" about 6 or 7 years ago .....for around £60 each here in the UK.
I dyed one pair over with black to achieve a much darker denim, which turned out really well.
I still have both pairs and they have both aged beautifully and going strong! Great patina development and all the stitching & hardware are still holding well.....a very good quality denim product for the price.
I'm not sure how that run of denim would compare to the current selection? Would I think right that the high-end version is comparable?

- 'Dog

tonypaj

Practically Family
Yeah, looked at that, but I can't see any way of doing it without leaving nasty holes in 'em!

This may be a dumb question, but wouldn't a belt cover the holes? Would the holes be biggish? Just to know, as I was planning to buy a pair, get rid of the buttons. I wear jeans only with a belt, never without or with suspenders.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
I just make the jump and buy on of their jackets.
I love that style and was eyeing a lee cooper version but it was too expensive for a denim jacket in my opinion
I like the chevron in the back, nice touch!

BobJ

Practically Family
This might sound like a dumb question, but what is the function of those pleats in the front of the jacket? Do they tweak the fit, or are they purely decorative?

Thanks for anyone who knows, and wants to help a dunderhead!

Bob

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
This might sound like a dumb question, but what is the function of those pleats in the front of the jacket? Do they tweak the fit, or are they purely decorative?

Thanks for anyone who knows, and wants to help a dunderhead!

Bob

I would say it only for decorative purpose, I have one similar made by Evisu and I find no function to them.

majormajor

One Too Many
This may be a dumb question, but wouldn't a belt cover the holes? Would the holes be biggish? Just to know, as I was planning to buy a pair, get rid of the buttons. I wear jeans only with a belt, never without or with suspenders.

I wear a heavy leather belt with various older cut jeans with suspender buttons (eg - Lee Riders 1930's).

The buttons do not cause any problems in terms of comfort.

So I'd just leave 'em there:D;)

Virrvarr

New in Town
I think that the Evil Denim jacket looks great. How are the sizes compared to Levis? I use XL in Levis, would that compare to 44 or 46 in the E D jacket?

Virrvarr

New in Town
I would really appreciate if someone could give some advise concerning the sizing on the Evil Denim jackets, 42, 44, 46, 48 versus S,M,L,XL etc

I would really appreciate if someone could give some advise concerning the sizing on the Evil Denim jackets, 42, 44, 46, 48 versus S,M,L,XL etc
Look at the numbers. They put them up there - read their eBay auctions. They tell about possible shrinkage, etc. find a jacket you like and measure it. Compare to the jackets there.

nabottle

A-List Customer
I don't know if I should be pissed or happy.
Thanks to this thread, I just bought one of these jackets. This is one of the coolest denim jacket that I have ever seen. I had to have one! Now the wait begins......

resortes805

Call Me a Cab

The jackets run trim. I wear a size 40 vintage, but a size 42 in this jacket. If you are going to wash them, size up. According to Nick, the man himself, they shrink lengthwise when washed. He advised me to get a 42 if I was planning on drycleaning, or a size 44 if I was planning on washing it.

The jackets run trim. I wear a size 40 vintage, but a size 42 in this jacket. If you are going to wash them, size up. According to Nick, the man himself, they shrink lengthwise when washed. He advised me to get a 42 if I was planning on drycleaning, or a size 44 if I was planning on washing it.
At least one size. Their ”50” is 25" pit to pit. That's really a 46 and maybe a vintage 48. I'm going to try that, if it's too small, I'm sure I can sell it as the 46's are very common. For the price, it's worth the shot.

Virrvarr

New in Town
Many valuable tips here, thank you Gentlemen. Yes, please post more photos SpeedRcrX, especially in use showing how it "sits" after some use.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
I usually wear a size 40 but I choose a 42 because I like to wash my denim before wearing it.

As you can see the jacket shrink to a size 40 after washing it at 30°C

Sorry for the crappy photos with the iPhone but I'm at work.... ;-)

IMG_4677.JPG

IMG_4678.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo