Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Yep... I can see that :p

We have to figure where Mr. Lyles fits into all this family, as such. Perhaps the widower that married a wealthy woman and after her passing, opened a museum and hangs out at a "gentleman" club with a study, fireplace and plenty of books on shelves.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
A lot of folks knock those who don't wear real vintage, it seems. However, they don't realize that if you're bigger than the average person was then, it's hard to find vintage that fits you. Being a larger guy, I have very little in the way of true vintage clothes, suits, and hats.

That's an excellent point. The other huge problem with wearing real vintage all the time is the durability of the clothing. Many things are still rockin' on, for sure, but many more have been damaged and worn out with use and time. It isn't feasible to wear them every day, unless you're okay with ruining them - and I am vehemently against that. If they've lasted this long that they've made their way into my hands, I could not be the one to initiate their demise.

I keep telling myself that I am going to create this nice artsy vintage inspired photo of myself and use that as my avatar, but I never do. I'm either too lazy or just camera shy. :)

Ooo if you do, I found the best place for it: http://www.befunky.com/

Here's one of the ones I did. They come out pretty good, eh? :)

OldPhoto_14.jpg

Flipped Lid

One of the Regulars
Great avatar FL ... it's nice to "see" you :D

Thanks a lot. I normally take horrible pictures. That's probably the only decent picture I've had taken since my high school senior picture thirty-nine years ago. A friend took that at a wedding we were both in a couple of weeks ago. It was my first time in white tie and tails.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
C-dot.... I have a few vintage pieces that I wear and you're right, some of them are so fragile! I have one darling dress that has a split seam and I'm worried it will keep ripping even if I repair it :(

Cool picture!

Oh, I know, and at the most inconvenient of places. I wore one of my vintage dresses to a wedding, and it had the tiniest of holes under the back zipper. During the reception, when I sat down in a chair, doesn't the hole rip all the way down the seat of the dress! Thank goodness I had a shrug I could cover up with while I scurried to the hotel manager's office, and she sewed up up for me. The suffering we do for vintage :p

Thanks, the effects are quite cool!

Oh, I know, and at the most inconvenient of places. I wore one of my vintage dresses to a wedding, and it had the tiniest of holes under the back zipper. During the reception, when I sat down in a chair, doesn't the hole rip all the way down the seat of the dress! Thank goodness I had a shrug I could cover up with while I scurried to the hotel manager's office, and she sewed up up for me. The suffering we do for vintage :p

Thanks, the effects are quite cool!

In this day and age you were damn lucky to find someone who could sew!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy