Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Experiences on Christy's hats?

Galen129

New in Town
Hello

Since I don't have much experience on ordering hats I was thinking I should ask here about common practises in the trade.
I recently ordered a Homburg from Christy's hats (It was a combined order, Homburg for me and a Foldaway for my dad).
The customer service said it would take 2 weeks for the hats to be made (because of fur felt) and then 3-6 days to deliver.
It has now been 4 weeks and the hats have not been shipped yet.
So, have you had any experience with Christy's and their customer service? Is it common for hats to arrive later? Do I want to keep using Christy's or should I change vendor for future hat purchases?
Would I be entitled to some compensation?

Galen

fmw

One Too Many
Why not contact them? We don't know where your order is. They do.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would ride it out for some time longer. There are numerous reasons why the hat process might be delayed. If you found out why, it would just be one of those reasons, doesn't really matter which one it is. It would be different if the hats were ready-made. But I think a lot of hat sellers go slow, and pressing them may not change anything.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Entitled to compensation? No.

Who did you order from? Christy's has periodically experienced delays. It doesn't sound out of the ordinary.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I'd give them a ring as orders can occasionally fall though the cracks, even at the best of establishments.

Saint-Just

One of the Regulars
Also UK customs can be slow to release items aswell.

UK customs are slow to release what they hold (ask me how I know) but they only hold what comes from abroad so it would not be an issue in this case.

My understanding is you are 1 week late. I hate it when it happens, but it happens. Did they contact you to warn you about it (my guess is no, of course)?

You may want to contact them, and find out about the reasons for the delay, and the reason why they did not keep you informed.

None of this will get you your hats quicker; but the way they treat you will help you answer your other question, about whether you should continue using them.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
...at least when they were "HornetHats" I found both the product & the service to be top shelf.... my .o2

I don't know what prompted the name change to "Top Secret Hats" (sounds stupid to my ear). Whatever it was, maybe it put a kink in their rope, who knows?

Given what has been transpiring in London, I am a bit surprised ANYTHING is getting in OR out, eh? [huh]

Galen129

New in Town
Thank you for your replies! So far no contact from them. I'm going to send an enquiry to them.
At least I'm not hearing any negative experiences from previous buyers, so that's a good sign.
Will let you know how it turns out.

Galen

MJH

New in Town
I assume you bought the hats from Christys direct, not Top Secret Hats. I still find the service at Top Secret Hats (nee Hornets Hats) to be top shelf. Christys now sells direct so is a separate company to Top Secret Hats. For future reference, Top Secret Hats is cheaper than Christys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot