Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FA: Knox Premier Grey 7 3/8 Long Oval - UNWORN condition

buler

I'll Lock Up
Up for auction until next Sunday is this unworn Knox Premier mens fedora. Medium grey w/dark navy ribbon marked size 7 3/8 long oval.

Yes, its back again. Annoying nonpayer bidder won it last time.

B

Click Here:
AUCTIONLINK

knox_premier_1.jpg

knox_premier_8.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Marshall

One of the Regulars
It sure is a pity that I won't be able to afford it any more this time around.

Best of luck Buler, I hope you get a great price for it.

Alex

Practically Family
No no, I insist, no one bid but me since I'm a sure payer:p

It'll go well this time i'm sure, buler. Definitely a beautiful hat.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Funny you should say that. I did a deep dive into the nonpayer buyer details and didn't like what I found. Ebay has taken away the ability to leave a negative feedback for a buyer. Genius move. If a buyer doesn't pay within 4 business days you can open a nonpayment dispute. Ebay "tries" (whatever that means) to get them to pay. This dispute stays open for a number of days (I forget how many). So it ties up the item for sale longer. The buyer can still decide not to pay. If an account has multiple (ebay doesn't say how many) nonpayments within a certain timeframe then ebay can choose to take further action. I couldn't really find out if this means temporarily suspending the account or banning it. If the nonpayer account has other activity that has gone well (this one had many positive feedbacks for high $ items) I would suspect ebay wouldn't do anything to the account.

When you look thru all of the complaints online about nonpayers you'll find that ebay is always in favor of the buyer. Plus you'll find that there are several sites offering information on how to open as many ebay and paypal accounts as you'd like. I always thought you could only have 1. So my conclusion was there isn't much you can do to "trash" the nonpayer. Best to just send out 2nd chance offers or relist the item.

B

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
buler, I think the reason for the change of policy is because a significant enough portion of ebay sellers, in their distance and anonymity, have forgotten the phrase, 'the customer is always right.'

When a buyer is cheated, its usually a losing situation for him/her. Even if there is ebay 'arbitration,' it is a drawn out process. If a seller is offering, lets just call it 'merchandise that is not as advertised,' the buyer is out his money. If a buyer is a non-payer, the seller really hasnt lost anything except a little time. He still has his merchandise which he can put up for sale again.

As far as feedback is concerned, if a buyer is justifiably unhappy with the seller's merchandise, has contacted the seller to attempt to remedy the situation, and has, for one reason or another, not gotten satisfactory results, and then leaves negative feedback, the seller used to be able to do the same simply in retaliation. Many sellers are also notorious for setting up their auctions so that return shipping, plus the original shipping, is more than the value of the item. Lose/lose for the buyer. The buyer then has no way out, leaves negative feedback, and the seller does the same, smearing the buyer's feedback record for no good reason.

So sellers have lost the ability to rate buyers. But before money is exchanged, there is really no harm done, other than the inconvenience to the seller of having to relist the item, unless there are fees to the seller I dont know about. As a previously cheated buyer, I feel the new system is better than the previous one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran