Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake eyelashes

Inky

One Too Many
Those are terrific, Darhling!!

Makes me want to give eyelashes a whirl again. Have you seen some of the crazy ones from Make Up For Ever at Sephora? The girls at my local Sephora were all wearing different ones one day - if only I did burlesque (oooh, scary thought!!) I'd wear some of those!!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I like the Ardell Babies. They aren't so insanely long that they don't look natural, and the length is tapered nicely from the inside corner to the outer corner. Also, they're shorter, and I don't like lashes that go all the way to the inside corner - it looks less natural. I've been using these lashes for years and they're perfect!

olive bleu

One Too Many
*BUMP*

As there are a lot of new ladies here, i would like to revive this topic.I have very short, and very light lashes.On top of this, my eyes are extremely sensitive, so much so that even products designed for people with sensitive eyes still bother me.

I have only tried fake eyelashes once, when i was really going for a VERY made-up look. I would like to know if anyone uses them on a daily basis, not just for special occasions...or do they always kind of look over-the-top?

and i would love to see pics!

baby_butterfly

One of the Regulars
So I know i am a little late to this thread....but why not try getting your eyelashed tinted. Its inexpensive and wears of eventually but provides great
definition and no need for mascara!

buddy5909

One of the Regulars
with glasses?

What about fake eyelashes and glasses? I love the look but wear glasses and I'm scared that might not mix well. Any ideas?

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer
Okay, after wearing the individual lashes for years, my own lashes were pretty much trashed. So I gave up on those.

I decided to try an eyelash growth product and just wear false eyelashes (the temporary type) for performances and costume events.

--Leslie

jillybeanlynn

Familiar Face
buddy5909 said:
What about fake eyelashes and glasses? I love the look but wear glasses and I'm scared that might not mix well. Any ideas?

I've tried them with glasses, and because of how my glasses sit on my face, I sometimes feel them hitting my lens. Slightly annoying, but oh well. They still look good even with glasses.

I do have a question though - no matter how I apply it, primer or no, liner first or last, the inner corners always always lift up. Any tips? Should I just trim them and not fuss about it?

Julius8122

New in Town
I found a fabulous tutorial on youtube on how to apply false lashes. I started using her techniques and I have had no problems applying them since.

Step 1: Draw a thin line of liner on your eye and add mascara
Step 2: Hold the falsie up to your eye and cut it down to size - cut from the outer corner so you don't notice any cuts
Step 3: Apply last glue to the eyelash band with the back of a pair of tweezers - put a lot on the corners
Step 4: When glue is tacky (30 seconds for Ardell glue) put it on and use the back of the tweezers to push them down on top of your natural lashes
Step 5: Use a q-tip to clean off the extra glue before it dries too much

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2_c0LI-gr64?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2_c0LI-gr64?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy