Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fallout 3

Maguire

Practically Family
SkullCowboy said:
The release of the Broken Steel DLC pack changed the ending, allowing you to keep playing after completing the main quest, and upped the level cap to 30 from 20. Depending on your play style, it is still easy to max out your character, but you can stay in the CW for as long as you like.
I was about to mention that, the game of the year edition on steam cost me only 24.99 and contained all the expansions (which from what it seems, are just added to your map in game so you don't have to start over in any area, and can freely go from say, the capital wasteland to Point Lookout swamp or "The Pitt" or even the space ship).

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would get the expansion...but I'm currently beating a dead horse with Red Dead Redemption.

Which, by the by, is set in 1911 psuedo-America/psuedo-Mexico. Anyone currently working on this one? Very interesting to go from the first two acts set in frontier land and Mexico, to the eerie, bustling town of Blackwater where roads are brick paved and men in suits control everything (as opposed to the outlaws with guns).

SkullCowboy

New in Town
Undertow said:
I would get the expansion...but I'm currently beating a dead horse with Red Dead Redemption.

Which, by the by, is set in 1911 psuedo-America/psuedo-Mexico. Anyone currently working on this one? Very interesting to go from the first two acts set in frontier land and Mexico, to the eerie, bustling town of Blackwater where roads are brick paved and men in suits control everything (as opposed to the outlaws with guns).

I was really hoping to get a chance to play RDR but looks like Rockstar isn't going to release a PC version. Pity, that.

velvetongue

Familiar Face
The open world gameplay reminds me of Oblivion. Oblivion for me got pointless and repetitive after so many levels. (So many gates to close!)

I am having a hard time (I'm around level 5) deciding which skills to put my points into and having to ration out my food/ammo/stimpaks for each battle. I suppose it makes it feel more post-apocalyptic, but losing battle after battle to fire ants is a little sad.

SkullCowboy

New in Town
velvetongue said:
The open world gameplay reminds me of Oblivion. Oblivion for me got pointless and repetitive after so many levels. (So many gates to close!)

I am having a hard time (I'm around level 5) deciding which skills to put my points into and having to ration out my food/ammo/stimpaks for each battle. I suppose it makes it feel more post-apocalyptic, but losing battle after battle to fire ants is a little sad.

The most important thing to character development is to know what you want to be from the beginning (gunner, brawler or sneak) and stick with it. A decent beginners guide with some good info can be found here:
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/fallout-3-basic-leveling-guide/a-2008111193014891007

A really good source of info for all the skills, perks, etc can be found here:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_SPECIAL

as well as being a really good site for all things Fallout.

velvetongue

Familiar Face
Thank you, I need to try figure out what is more valuable so I can spec my character our properly. I'm only a level 5 -- I hope it's not too late so I won't have to re-start the game to allocate my points properly.

Bioshock is gorgeous too! Have you seen the screenshots for Bioshock 2?
Bioshock 1 takes place between 1946-1952 and Bioshock 2 takes place between 1959-1960. The world has a horrific, broken-down feel with a tinge of glamour to them. The ambience is also amazing (at least from what I've seen in Bioshock 2, I haven't played Bioshock 1).

The Bioshock wiki storyline is here: http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Storyline

SkullCowboy

New in Town
At level 5 you can still get your character where you want it. Just roleplay it as getting your head together after the shock of your emergence from the vault. :D

I've played Bioshock through several times. Great game. Haven't got Bioshock2 yet but it's on my to get list. I'll wait for a good sale on Steam or Impulse.

Jasmine Jolene

One of the Regulars
SkullCowboy said:
At level 5 you can still get your character where you want it. Just roleplay it as getting your head together after the shock of your emergence from the vault. :D

I've played Bioshock through several times. Great game. Haven't got Bioshock2 yet but it's on my to get list. I'll wait for a good sale on Steam or Impulse.

i have completed Bioshock 1 & 2 several times :p yes i am a nerd!

wait until they have patched the music for Bioshock 2 - it's good, although a little different to the first, but something went wrong with the sound effects and the jukeboxes, circus of values and the ammo dispensers (forget the name) don't have any sound effects which make it not as atmospheric as i would like!

not sure if i am allowed to post it here, but there is a bioshock forum with a specific screenshot thread - the pics are marvellous! makes me sad i play on xbox as i can't ghost around and see all these fab things! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany