Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
She really looks like a little angel!! School photos are the best!! It catch the true moment, don't you think??? I don't have kids (for/at the moment lol) but I love to see my cousin's photos when they were little kids in school lol!!!

MKL

A-List Customer
Definitely a cutie, Big man.

Big Man said:
My granddaughter gave me a couple of her school pictures yesterday. I couldn't resist the urge to share them.

Marley_2.jpg

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My boys ...

JMB_WFB4_WFB3.jpg

My two sons, James (on the left) and Will, IV (father to the cute little girl in the previous photo), along with dear ol' Dad (me).

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
ChristmasCourt.jpg

Finally got my hands on Christmas photo 2007. This was taken on Thanksgiving day this year and was sent out the friends and family. I'm in the middle with my sisters. It's funny because we're all the same height (5'6"), but I cheated with some heals. Sorry on the quality. My friend scanned the picture for me when she received it in the mail today from my mother.

Marty M.

Vendor
Beautiful family.

Three beautiful girls under the same roof. Ok, so I grew up in the wrong neighborhood (and decade). Those are Million Dollar smiles. Thanks for sharing RetroBabydoll.
Marty Mathis

carter

I'll Lock Up
RetroBabydoll said:
ChristmasCourt.jpg

Finally got my hands on Christmas photo 2007. This was taken on Thanksgiving day this year and was sent out the friends and family. I'm in the middle with my sisters. It's funny because we're all the same height (5'6"), but I cheated with some heals. Sorry on the quality. My friend scanned the picture for me when she received it in the mail today from my mother.

RetroBabyDoll, This is a lovely card. Thanks for sending one to all the members of the Lounge. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :D

Your Dad is a very lucky man to be surrounded by such lovely ladies. Boy, is he going to enjoy all those weddings! :eek: :D

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Big Man said:

She's utterly adorable! School pictures have really come a long way--those look like a professional photo session not the "sit in front of a cheesy backdrop" school photos of my girlhood.

Warden

One Too Many
What ho, I have posted this pic before, so you may of seen it, but it features my little family.

From the left is Mrs D, with my daughter Maisie holding the pram, then nephew, sister in law and mother law, Jack my son is in the pram and finally on the right looking for his lost punt, is me! otherwise known as Maisie and Jack's Daddy.

1.JPG

Pip pip

Harry

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
Warden said:
What ho, I have posted this pic before, so you may of seen it, but it features my little family.

From the left is Mrs D, with my daughter Maisie holding the pram, then nephew, sister in law and mother law, Jack my son is in the pram and finally on the right looking for his lost punt, is me! otherwise known as Maisie and Jack's Daddy.

1.JPG

Pip pip

Harry

Such a cute family photo! I love how your son is sitting up to look at the camera.

Carter- My dad gets headaches from all of us girls. He had to deal with us being teenage girls and the whole dating thing. He has to be protective with girls. For example.......my first date ever...... when my date came to my house to pick me up.....my dad was cleaning his gun. I sometimes think life would've been easier for him if he had all boys. lol

Big Man

RetroBabydoll said:
... My dad gets headaches from all of us girls. ... I sometimes think life would've been easier for him if he had all boys. lol

I have two boys (28 and 25) and two girls (19 and 14). So far, the girls have been way easier to raise and have caused less headaches. :eusa_doh:

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
Big Man said:
I have two boys (28 and 25) and two girls (19 and 14). So far, the girls have been way easier to raise and have caused less headaches. :eusa_doh:

I'm shocked by that. I wonder how it is for other people. I always heard girls are easy when they're young and get complicated when they get older. Then, with boys I heard they're crazy when they're young and are easy when they're older.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
:eusa_clap lovely photos everyone! The baby in that perambulator is adorable. This thread always warms my cockles. :)

carter

I'll Lock Up
RetroBabydoll said:
Carter- My dad gets headaches from all of us girls. He had to deal with us being teenage girls and the whole dating thing. He has to be protective with girls. For example.......my first date ever...... when my date came to my house to pick me up.....my dad was cleaning his gun. I sometimes think life would've been easier for him if he had all boys. lol

RetroBabydoll, I'll have to admit that my parents had a lot more to worry about with my brother and I than they did with my sisters.
We certainly got into more mischief.
My son and daughter are nine years apart so it's really difficult to make a comparison. She's been a bit easier than he was by her age.
Cleaning his gun....hmmm....I'll have to remember that one.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Warden said:
What ho, I have posted this pic before, so you may of seen it, but it features my little family....
1.JPG

Pip pip
Harry

I love this photo!
Harry, is that luggage? I hope Jack's not off on a new adventure. :)

Big Man

RetroBabydoll said:
I'm shocked by that. I wonder how it is for other people. I always heard girls are easy when they're young and get complicated when they get older. Then, with boys I heard they're crazy when they're young and are easy when they're older.

When the boys and girls were little (up to about age 13) there wasn't much difference. From 13 to 21, I spent many a sleepless night worrying about the boys. Not that they were "bad", they were "just boys" and into a lot of things that could have potentially disastrous outcomes. The girls, on the other hand, have not been in near the "dangerous" situations as the boys.

All in all, I cannot complain one bit about my children. They have been very good and not too difficult to raise. I guess the only difference in them (the boys, especially) and me is that I was able to "fly under the radar" with a lot more than did. :D

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Big Man said:
When the boys and girls were little (up to about age 13) there wasn't much difference. From 13 to 21, I spent many a sleepless night worrying about the boys. Not that they were "bad", they were "just boys" and into a lot of things that could have potentially disastrous outcomes. The girls, on the other hand, have not been in near the "dangerous" situations as the boys.
:D
My brother loved to tell our Mom, "Mom, you would have died a thousand deaths if you could have seen me today." He was usually scaling cliffs to pick out fossils, or something like that. Boys do love to defy mortality.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Christmas pics just taken yesterday of Dashiell.9 months old.(Could not keep his shirt tucked in.He's a wiggler)

47b7cc31b3127cceb1f58a415bf600000016109AbOXLFk0bS

47b7cc31b3127cceb1f47dce3bd600000055109AbOXLFk0bS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael