Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

gear-guy

Practically Family
20150604_191213.jpg 20150608_103956.jpg
Just visited our Granddaughter for her second birthday. She picked out her dog balloon and then wanted to take it for a walk.
In the second pic she insisted that our dog got a ride also.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And you really can't go wrong reading Dr. Suess to a child ...

The book I associate most with growing up is "Doctor Dolittle." My aunt Hazel used to read to me every night when I went to bed. I bet we read that book five or six times - at least. The book was one that was given to my Dad when he was a boy. I still have the book, and have read it to my children when they were little and now to my grandchildren.

When my aunt was in her last years, I took care of her. We'd sit and talk about old times, and we always talked about her reading Doctor Dolittle. After she got to where her mind was challenged (she was a couple months shy of 99 when she died), as I put her to bed at night I'd ask her if she wanted me to read Doctor Dolittle to her. That always brought a smile to her face (and a tear to mine).

pawineguy

One Too Many
Posing in front of the LF fence after his first multi-homer game. Baseball is still alive and well in our town, although it's certainly lost much of its innocence.

IMG_5430 2.JPG

Big Man

We had a great time for Father's Day today. The family got together and hiked into Steel's Creek for a fun afternoon of swimming and picnicking. Here is my oldest son, three of the four grandchildren (the baby was asleep), and myself.

Big Man

This photo doesn't really need a caption. The expression on my daughter's face says it all. The baby was, however, so calm he was fast asleep. There's never a dull moment in our family!

Big Man

I took my granddaughter on a hike yesterday. We walked up (and I do mean UP) the side of Table Rock mountain for about four hours to reach this spot. While I was huffing and puffing, Mackenna had the energy to strike a pose (as usual).

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
My niece got married yesterday afternoon. The wedding was not traditional (minister rode down the aisle on his Harley, uncles - Curt's brothers - had squirt guns & soaked everyone coming back up the aisle, etc.), but it was a sunny, hot (97°!!) day for a wedding. Lily had a blast!

11709955_10153116042949234_6089835177248789479_o_zpsamumtc22.jpg

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Ian%20and%20Ireta%20at%20Graduation_zpsyikt32p7.jpg

"Puddin' and our son at her graduation. She received her "Doctorate of Occupational Therapy" this past April. Now if we could just get him successfully "launched" I could happily slide into decrepitude!

Worf

Big Man

My niece got married yesterday afternoon. The wedding was not traditional (minister rode down the aisle on his Harley, uncles - Curt's brothers - had squirt guns & soaked everyone coming back up the aisle, etc.), but it was a sunny, hot (97°!!) day for a wedding. Lily had a blast!

Congratulations to the new couple. That's a great photo.

Big Man

"Puddin' and our son at her graduation. She received her "Doctorate of Occupational Therapy" this past April. Now if we could just get him successfully "launched" I could happily slide into decrepitude!

Worf

Congratulations on earning a Doctorate. Prior to my retirement, I had occasion to work with the fine folks in Occupational Therapy at our hospital. They do a fantastic job.

My nephew was upset that he couldn't tip his 4-wheeler over and spin the wheels, like he does with his other toys. So, somebody's Uncle showed him how to and that's about all he does with it now lol

11540932_10153146504557517_7072774655942570785_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes