Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

cm289

One of the Regulars
John Dillinger Jr
1923a5dda4cf2c4b05af711ad3616347.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is our girl, Jess, well she's not really mine but I think of her as such. She's gone through a lot in life, autism and some other things but she's happy, has her drivers license and works where her employers love her. She'll be twenty eight Monday. Oh, and she loves her dogs. I had to talk her into wearing my Tom Gomez semi-calado.
CIMG0483.JPG

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Well, I'm not going to say the "boyfriend" word, but let me just say that Hubby is NOT happy about the new friend Lily's made at school!

11986941_10153269889064234_9035714549051080782_n_zpsh6cc6isz.jpg

(He's actually a very sweet boy, and just as thrilled to have Lily as a friend according to his mama.)

At last night's PTA back-to-school bbq. Gosh. We're PTA parents. How'd that happen????

12004769_10153275469569234_1531226219988990393_n_zps6bu3jyus.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
This is our girl, Jess, well she's not really mine but I think of her as such. She's gone through a lot in life, autism and some other things but she's happy, has her drivers license and works where her employers love her. She'll be twenty eight Monday. Oh, and she loves her dogs. I had to talk her into wearing my Tom Gomez semi-calado.
View attachment 35371

Nice to see you, too! :)

Always a heartwarming stop, yet I'm not much of a contributor to this thread. Bamaboots your daughter does look like a happy soul; clearly content, framed up by pooches.

Babydoll; Lily's foray into the world of boys brought back the memory of one of the best conversations ever with my (then kindergarten age) oldest daughter. She's 30 now, with her own l'il bundle of joy being 8 months of age. It was the third week of kindergarten and we were walking down the drive to the bus when she needed to tell me about a boy named Andrew (coincidentally, her husband is an Andrew). She said she thought he liked her, because on the bus he was pulling her arm, a LOT. She went on to say that he must like her a lot, because he was really pulling on her arm a lot, and it kind of hurt, but not too bad, so he was really okay. To this day, I smile when remembering that hand-in-hand conversation with my innocent little sweetheart.

But today, another milestone was reached when my (25 year old) son announced a dream has come true. He got a position playing PRO basketball (PAID, albeit not much) on a team in the Israeli National Basketball League!! He's a little taller than you, Bigman, but we still weigh more than he does.

Here he gets congratulations from his favorite fan...
DSC01033.jpg

Boots she looks happy and loved and nothing's more important than that. Great pic with the pups.

Babydoll it's all down hill from here. :) I remember when a new little fellow in Sunday school caught my daughters attention. It's pretty weird and hard to look into the future and really see our babys in those terms. I have a feeling the first seven years were the easiest ones.

Charlie - congratulations! Or rather congratulations to your son. That's awesome news and no amount of money or lack thereof will lessen the experience for him! What a great opportunity.

Babydoll, thanks. Tell dad not to worry, Lily will probably break his heart and kick him to the curb before long.

Thanks, Dale I appreciate that.

hatsRme, thank you, sir and congratulations. That's a hell of an accomplishment for your son. Best wishes for him.

Last edited:

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
She tearfully reported to me after school today that he stuck his tongue out at her & poked her in the belly, so she doesn't think he wants to be friends anymore. Not sure if he was just having a grumpy day or not.

Chicago_Picnic_2015_02_zpss3ket8db.jpg

Central Park - Oak Forest, Illinois, August 1, 2015. Family picnic. 120 of us, but that only includes the relatives who posed for the photo. And just because I can...

Chicago_Picnic_2015_03_zpsxtbcfa4f.jpg

A semi-candid photo of my wife and I taken that day. This was the only half-way decent photo we got of just the two of us, because our camera decided to stop working that morning and we didn't have time to get a new one before the picnic.

...Looks like a great time was had by all, Alex. Super group photo, lovely couple!!
They're actually my wife's relatives; I'm related only by being an in-law (or is in an outlaw?). Brothers and their wives (and some of their children and their children), cousins, second cousins, third cousins, aunts, uncles, from infants to 93 years old, you name it. They're decent people who like to work hard and play hard. They have their squabbles like any other family, but they set their differences aside on special occasions such as this and just enjoy the day. Getting together with her family is always a good time! And thank you!

If that had been my side of the family, there would have been about 13 of us and even odds on whether or not the local police would have been called in to break up the fight. lol

Always good to see you Alex!
Thank you, Sir! I always enjoy seeing the photos you post of your family (and everyone else's, for that matter), so now that I finally got a decently-sized version of that group photo I thought I'd share. Besides, her cousin somehow managed to capture a rare moment of my wife smiling while in my presence. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou