Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fashion predictions from the past

Shirin

A-List Customer
Amusing predictions by American fashion designers from the 1930s of what the well-dressed man and woman would be wearing in the year 2000. Interesting concepts.lol
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/txaR2HvnwVg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/txaR2HvnwVg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

GlamourDoll

Familiar Face
Wow! Amazing find Shirin. I loved the video. It's hard to imagin that designers from then could actually predict fashion so close to what it has become now. I figured it was going to be so off the wall and it wasn't.

SayCici

Practically Family
Haha, I remember seeing that on someone's blog a few weeks ago!

I've had this book rented out for probably over a month, and I read something especially interesting in the section on the 1940s, that many designers thought that if WWII had never happened we'd never have the fashion the 40s brought, and that we would have gone straight from the 30s into the New Look. Even though it makes sense when you consider how influential the war was, it was still a little shocking to see it in print!

MoxieGrl

Familiar Face
Too cute!

Well, they got women wearing trousers right, and all the gizmo's the guys toting can be his Ipod, cellphone, blackberry, etc...

Laura Chase

One Too Many
That video amuses me every time I see it, especially when he says "Oh swish!" and that men in the future will be fitted with "containers for coins, keys and candy for cuties." lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy