Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite scary Radio Show

Sunny

One Too Many
Scary shows tend not to be my favorites, I must admit. The most I've heard have been Suspense! episodes, because although they're all tense, Suspense! shows vary from the adventurous to the thriller to horror to science fiction. And most starred Hollywood actors, some very rare on the radio.

That said, "Three Skeleton Reef" is waaaaay up on my list for fantastic listening. I think only "Sorry, Wrong Number" rivaled it for popularity during Suspense!'s entire 20-year run.

"The House on Cypress Canyon" is another excellent one. And I have not yet got up my courage to listen to "The Thing on the Fourble Board" yet. I'm a coward.

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Not a scary series per se, there was one episode of a show called Origin of Superstition, called The Boogie Man, which scared the living crap out of me. I love my spooky OTR stories; I fall asleep to them every night!

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
When HHISIII was selling the radio show cassettes on the Lounge I bought the Mysterious Travellers he had.
I'm going through and enjoying them.
"The Woman in Black" was quite good.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
While mainly an adventure program, Escape had many episodes that would fall into the horror vein. They did Three Skeleton Key several times, and also did Fall of the House of Usher, Papa Benjamin, Taboo, Ancient Sorceries, Grove of Ashtaroff, The Brute,etc.

purerad

New in Town
not always scary per say..........but some episodes were ............
no one mentioned x minus one..............
one of my all time favorties!

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
The other day I came across an old radio show, 70's I think, called "Peoria Plague". Not OTR, obviously, but very much done in old-school style. I think it was meant as an homage to "War of the Worlds", done very much in that style, with a living dead type of theme. One of the best and genuinely unnerving plays I've heard in quite a while.

I think if you have a fondness for the genre you won't be disappointed!

Frankie Lamb

One of the Regulars
Most of you have already mentioned a number of my favorite "Scary" radio programs, but in the event someone out there in Loungeland hasn't heard of
my favorite source for old radio shows, allow me to suggest you give the following a shot. MP-3 copies of darned near any show of any genre that you can think of.
Just Google "The Radio Lady" and send Danean your request. She's great to deal with and orders get filled accurately and quickly.
Good listening,
Frankie Lamb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran