Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Features on Men

fifi

Familiar Face
For the purely superficial reasons, he must be tall, swarthy, and handsome, with mischievious eyes and a dashing smile. Fortunately, I found that plus a silly goofball who makes me laugh and is also smart as a whip. Oh, and he's a snappy dresser. I'm a lucky girl...

MissQueenie

Practically Family
Bebop said:
When you say, "great smelling", do you mean natural scent or cologne?

Almost always a natural/soapy scent that does me in -- fresh laundry, a nice crisp soap. A nice cologne or aftershave can be lovely on the right person with a light hand.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Men's features...

Just jumping in. :)

Some features I like are...

hair...
eyebrows (I don't know either)
hands... I like it when my hand looks like Barbie's in his Ken hand... What were you thinking?
I also like thinner "duck" or greek lips... this one is hard for me to describe, but I noticed I am attracted to guys with similar lips.

~Lolita

Bebop

Practically Family
MissQueenie said:
Almost always a natural/soapy scent that does me in -- fresh laundry, a nice crisp soap. A nice cologne or aftershave can be lovely on the right person with a light hand.
I have wondered for a long time why there is not a cologne or aftershave that smells like soap. That is what I want to smell when I get a whiff of myself. Irish Spring would be just fine.

Lena_Horne

One of the Regulars
Elvgren_girl said:
I love being short. I've found that being "compact" has its advantages. Except with the hem on pants...

I have that exact same problem. But I love and appreciate my height, there's just something so cute about it.

As for men, I've found that I tend to be attracted to a certain, somewhat cuddly, animated look. Round features without being chubby. Nice expressive eyes (I seem to go for green and brown most often.) Short hair, nice hairy arms and legs along with a reasonably hairy chest. I can go for tall but I prefer if he's not too much taller. (I'm 5'1") And I certainly enjoy if he dresses well, I just can't do it any other way. I'm especially tickled if he lets me set him up in a nice linen summer suit with a straw boater (fantasizes about a certain friend.) Men look so stupendous with the right clothing on but at this point I'm so disenchanted with most dress habits (even polo shirts are starting to get me the wrong way) that I don't think they'll trust me to go that far. Well, perhaps the one I'm thinking about right now. ;)

L_H

Trickeration

Practically Family
I always went for guys who were smaller built. Wild hair was a favorite for me when I was younger (I dated a couple of different guys with mohawks), and blue eyes. My husband, when we met, was a smaller guy. A surfer and guitar player with a longish, curly, blond hair and blue eyes. The military has since made short work (no pun intended) of his hair ;) , but he's still a doll to me. And when he's in his dress whites..SIGH.

Now how about the guy who looks right into your eyes when you talk, and listens to you like your voice is music. And after you finish speaking, he still looks at you smiling just a hint of a smile. Very attentive and always the gentleman. I have 2 male friends who are like that toward all women, single or married, one or a group. I get such a kick out of watching them talk to a girl and just set her heart aflutter. My 2 friends remind me of a scene in Hollywood Canteen where a soldier is talking to some movie stars about how they do that to girls who see them on screen. The soldier learned it was "Magnetism. Sheer magnetism." I love them both, but not like my husband of course.

Mysterygal-Rob and I were they same way you were, married before any of our friends. It's funny now, our teenage daughter babysits all of our friends babies :) .

Alpine Glamour

New in Town
I agree with the hands thing. Seems strange, but if I do not like the hands on a guy, I don't want to imagine being touched by them. I go for construction workers hands, mostly...know what I mean?
And for me, a man must be original. Not following fashion and trying to be cool. Being comfortable with his own style is a must.

Oh, and I also swoon over forearms and necks (the back of it...strong and somehow very different from ours).

Good thing I have found my idividually-dressed construction worker. That was not easy, but when you least expect it...

Barry

Practically Family
Bebop said:
I have wondered for a long time why there is not a cologne or aftershave that smells like soap. That is what I want to smell when I get a whiff of myself. Irish Spring would be just fine.

Castile by Penhaligons has a nice, clean scent (at least when it dries down). Neroli is the top note...one of my favorites. It is marketed as a unisex scent so if you are looking for something bracing and masculine this might not be it.

Barry

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I strike out in all departments except good smelling clothes. I use spring scent fabric softener.

bowtielounge.jpg

Lena_Horne

One of the Regulars
Aw that reminds me. I've also become a sucker for the odd man out in a bow tie. I especially love to spot some young, nerdy professor guy (in his twenties even) dressed in the old tweed jacket and bow tie set up. This gorgeous (I believe he was Indian) fellow out of Washington D.C. was featured on the national nightly news sometime last week and I absolutely swooned. He was so young and serious, I really do love that.

L_H

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Any redeemable qualities with these gents...? (pics)

Or are these gladitorial gentlemen past saving and need to be put out to pasture? "The Fedora Lounge Untouchables!"

FedoraLoungeLondonDinner2006001.jpg
[/IMG]

FedoraLoungeLondonDinner2006008.jpg
[/IMG]

jackiemanni

New in Town
Lauren Henline said:
Alright ladies, the boys get to have their fun in their "chicks" thread. So what features on men make you melt every time, be it ouside the ordinary?

Definitely smarts! I always fall for a big brain!!
I also swoon over a sarcastic sense of humor...that can also turn silly :)
Creative - I go for the artists/writers/film makers/etc. for sure.
Opinionated - even if I disagree! I really like someone with strong opinions.
A great/innate sense of style is a real turn on. I dislike a trendy or "sheep mentality" way of dressing. Even people into vintage can fall into this trap (just look at the modern rockabilly scene imo!!)
Fine tastes - a person who can appreciate a good glass of wine, a great cup of coffee, a great meal, a really fine fabric, etc. Not a snob - expense or brand of the item does not make a difference.

I would say that I like dark haired men with exotic features if pressed, but I have seen plenty of dark haired men with exotic features who didn't do anything for me because they were not smart/funny/creative etc.

Some modern stars who do it for me are Benecio Del Toro and Adrien Brody. I also have a thing for Anthony Bourdain, the chef/author. As far as the past - off the top of my head - I think Robert Mitchum is sexy as hell!! Cary Grant makes me swoon on several levels, and I even have a huge crush on Orson Wells because he is so so so brilliant and witty and can really wear a suit!

Jackie.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
jackiemanni, I think you just described the perfect man!! I'm with you on all accounts!

Paddy, there's not a bad looking gent on there. I think it's cause we know they're all dolls and they're wearing suits and hats :)

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I find it exceedingly humourous that in this thread....which should be about women and what they idealistically like..... there are numerous posts from men saying

'what about this charactistic that I happen to posess'
'how about me?'

etc.

as contrasted with the boy's thread where pretty much none of the women went in and said

'oh but I have a lovely crooked smile' or ' I have a big nose!'

Funny/strange that you all need to do that.....when you know darn well that idealistic qualities are just that, and not judging any one of our lovely FL men.

Denise....who notices way too much social stuff....should have been a sociologist

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
Funny/strange that you all need to do that.....

LOL...an astute observation! Speaking from my own perspective, I can only say that I believe most men to be far more vain than most women. Then again, as in the case of my wife, perhaps it's simply that many women have men such as myself who are constantly reinforcing the fact for them that they are the most elegant, radiant and mesmerizing beings on the planet. As men, the best we can do for one another is "...nice tie." ;)

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Johnnysan said:
"Bald"...someone please say "bald." :)

It is funny... even though I tend to be attracted to a nice head of hair... I always end up with men who are balding...

*thinks to self* I suppose I could be the one making them go bald... Ah, that is just silly! I like older men, so they would be going bald anyway!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran