Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Crown Shapes

AbridgedPause

One of the Regulars
Hello all. This is my first post on here, and I'm super excited to be a new member here. I couldn't find anything on the web about this so I'm hoping to get this thread into something special!

I'm always looking for old 40's style fedoras, but I usually end up buying an 80's model and redoing the top crown shape into more of a 40's look (determined when I watch film noirs).

Could we possibly get a list together of the various fedora crown shapes accompanied by images on here? A lot of people tend to try to describe them but it would be so much easier if we had pictures to go by.

Hope you all think this is a good idea!

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Welcome, sir!

If by "crown shapes" you mean creases, have a look at this thread: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?9833-Hat-creases&highlight=hat+creases

A search for "hat creases" brings up quite a few threads, but this one has the most pages and spans a good six years of the Fedora Lounge's history. Lots of pics, too.

People here also use the term "bash" to refer to the shaping of a hat, so you can search either way.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Welcome aboard, HDS7 ... Might this help?

e0d4c01b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy