Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Club Tie -Poll Added, Options on 1st Post.

What color sceme/style should be used for the Fedora Lounge Club Tie?

• A: Yellow-Gold/Grey-Blue on Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B: Red & Yellow Pinstripes on Black

• C: Blue & Yellow Pinstripes on Black

• D: Bold Red & Yellow on Black

• E: Deco Blues

• F: Neat Pattern

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Poll Options:

lounge-ties2.jpg

Indy Magnoli's rules on the poll:

*Please only vote if you are interested in purchasing a tie.

*Please vote for your favorite two options.

Note, this poll is for the color scheme/design only and not for whether we will have the logo in the corner, centre, as a watermark, etc.

Thank you for your input!

I've been talking to MK about producing an official Fedora Lounge Club Tie. The number one question is, would you be interested? The price would likely be around $40 (shipped).

If so... let's talk designs. It seems that most club ties have a diagonal solid bar on a solid background, often with small logos in a repeating pattern. MK mentioned using the "fedora guy" as our repeating pattern, but if we do this, we'll likely be limited to a printed silk tie, as you can get better detail this way. If we simplify the "fedora guy", we may be able to do it as a silk jacquard (woven) tie.

Next... colors. What are the predominant colors of the Lounge? Steel blue and gold seem stand out in the header logo.

As mentioned above, we'll have to also decide on material... printed silk or woven jacquard?

And length, shape, etc... I've found the best combination of vintage and modern is a 55" length, 3 3/4" width with a curve to the sides. This allows you to tie it shorter than modern, but leaves enough length for wider neck and taller guys.

So... ideas? [huh]

Kind regards,
Indy

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Here are a couple of photos to illustrate some of the above points.

Here is a printed silk tie with a Sherlock Holmes sillouette. The printed silk can be fairly detailed (you can clearly see the ribbon at the top of his hat, for example):

sherlock-tie.jpg

This shot shows a comparison between the woven jacquard (on the left) to the printed silk (on the right) in the Casablanca tie:

2ties.jpg

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
I'm with you, Matt. Old school is what we're about, isn't it?

As for single-logo club ties... you can have it centered near the bottom:

CLUB_TIE1.jpg

...off set at the bottom:

5_officialclubtie.jpg

...or centered in the middle or higher up:

1_CLUB_TIE__LOGO_small.JPG

Of course, these will be custom made, so we can do what we like, but there you have some samples anyway...

Kind regards,
Indy

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I'm with Deckard on this one. I like the English regimental ties and the school ties. I like the scarves as well. Expressing group membership through regimental stripes is an interesting idea for the Lounge.

I think there is something classic and classy in a striped tie. We would just have to pick our colors.

I am definitely up for the project.

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Technonut said:
Personally, I would like a detailed printed silk "fedora guy" pattern.

Technically, if there was enough interest, we could do two versions with the same basic color scheme, one with a single logo and one with the repeating pattern. Let's wait and see what the masses think...

Kind regards,
Indy

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Indy Magnoli said:

Of course, these will be custom made, so we can do what we like, but there you have some samples anyway...

Kind regards,
Indy
I love these. Sign me up for any of these. :eusa_clap
This is what I was thinking. :)

Technonut

Practically Family
Indy Magnoli said:
Technically, if there was enough interest, we could do two versions with the same basic color scheme, one with a single logo and one with the repeating pattern. Let's wait and see what the masses think...

Kind regards,
Indy

Thanks... :)

Hmmmm... If it does not work out, I could just have one of my Lounge Hat Pins professionally mounted on a tie bar.... ;)

Jerekson

One Too Many
I would be very interested.

Although, I would have to vote for the small, single logo, offset at the bottom (although centered or otherwise would be fine). The repeating pattern would be a bit much in my eyes.

Duck

Practically Family
Indy Magnoli said:

...off set at the bottom:

Kind regards,
Indy
Either one of these would be perfect!!!:eusa_clap

Riposte3

One of the Regulars
What about a woven repeating hat logo done in the 'background'? (Basically, the same color as whatever part of the tie it's on.) I have a couple of ties that do something similar and it's a nice, subtle, effect.

Indy, is that even possible for something like this?

-Jake

Cobden

Practically Family
My old school has two Old Boys Ties, one of which is a repeating pattern of a stas head, the other is just stripes. Personally, I dislike logo's on striped ties - there quite a modern thing in the UK, and more, for want of a better terminology, "Working Men's Club" rather then "gentlemen's club" - the logic seemingly being that you only want to advertise what club or old school you went to to those in the know. Sounds snobbish, but I rather like these rather old fashioned views.

Hastily run up on paint idea:

untitled.gif

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Riposte3 said:
What about a woven repeating hat logo done in the 'background'? (Basically, the same color as whatever part of the tie it's on.) I have a couple of ties that do something similar and it's a nice, subtle, effect.

Indy, is that even possible for something like this?

Yes, we did a tone-on-tone pattern on our Venice Tie:

mc-tie-venice.jpg

I like the Cobden's color choices... that really captures the look of the forum. Any other ideas for color combos? What black/red/yellow combo did you have in mind, Matt?

And do you gents prefer centered high or low?

Once I get some more feedback on this, I'll do some mock-ups and see what you guys think.

Kind regards,
Indy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner