Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Loungers on MySpace

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Doran said:
I am a little new to myspace, so please pardon the questions, but:

1.) is it kosher for people to send tons and tons of "bulletins" with one-line messages like "My mom made pancakes today"?

2.) Do people get MONEY for sending me messages (not bulletins, but actual messages TO ME) advertising products?

Anyway, neither of these things have hit the lip-pursing level of irritation and I have had plenty of good experiences on myspace.

I am, as always, delighted to be added by Loungers. I am:

myspace.com/458BC

People often do post annoying bulletins, myself included when I am feeling punchy. For repeat offenders, you might notice the "Delete from Friends" button at the bottom of every bulletin you open.

The personal messages selling stuff are good ol' classic spam. There's a spam button at the top of every message. Click away!

Dr Doran

Miss_Bella_Hell said:
The personal messages selling stuff are good ol' classic spam. There's a spam button at the top of every message. Click away!

But these are from people I know. Sort of. And I still want to know ... do they get money for this?

Miss_Bella_Hell

Doran said:
But these are from people I know. Sort of. And I still want to know ... do they get money for this?

Ah! You have not considered that MANY people have easily-figured-out passwords and have been hacked. It has happened to tons of people I know -a HUGE problem - and then they spam me regarding Macy's gift cards, what have you. In that case, the hacker is getting paid, not your friend. Tell them they've been hacked and to change their passwords.

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
I've made an update, and I think most FL'ers will get a kick out of the song on my profile right now ... "Leave Your Hat" by the Stood-Ups! (My favorite local band.)

pdxvintagette's MySpace

You gotta listen carefully to the lyrics! ("That hat means more to you than anything...")

Jovan

Suspended
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
People often do post annoying bulletins, myself included when I am feeling punchy. For repeat offenders, you might notice the "Delete from Friends" button at the bottom of every bulletin you open.
This is the clearest indication that MySpace is tailored for drama.

missjo

Practically Family
I've given up on myspace, its just too modern for me.
Im now on blogger, not so much show and dance, not messy, just a blog;
http://jufjo.blogspot.com/

I'd be most active on the new and Dutch www.hyves.nl
Half my country is already on that site and its also in English so I wouldnt be suprised if it became the next big thing across the border ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo