Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora on a night out?

David V

A-List Customer
At someones home, I'll put my hat wherever coats are being left. More often than not this is a bed. If its just my wife and I visiting friends, I'll set it on a hall table. In a restaurant that (gasp!:eek: )has no coat check or a coat rack or hooks I'll leave it on an extra chair at my table. If none of these are avaiable, I'll hang it from my knee!

As for bars. I don't hang around those places any more.

Much prefer to do my drinking at home...alone...in the dark...with just my memories .lol

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When you simply can't take it off for any variety of reasons you can slide it back on your head the way Howard Hughes used to do conveying and "off duty" feel.:) :fedora:

Caledonia

Practically Family
I've got a friend who's been wearing a hat for his entire life. Not a fedora mind you, just an old felt hat (I do hope it's not still the same one, but I fear it is). He never takes it off, at all, ever, unless he's really too warm. But, gents, you really don't want to follow his example. The results are not kind. I think, as has been said by several gentlemen along the bar here, it's what feels natural, by and large. From my own hat wearing experience, once you get over the initial wierdness and wondering what people think, it becomes your own and you just do it as it happens. Gentlemen have a tougher time though it's true. Ladies can wear an appropriate hat 24/7. We don't have to doff it, we don't have to think about to wear or not to wear in a car. But we do have to worry about glove etiquette, so I think that balances it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit