Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Che, what a fantastic little travelling mecca!

An'A, Thanks! :) I got to have a little fun over the weekend with a few concerts.

My work's chamber series collaborated with an indie film company in town to give a concert of two hilarious Charlie Chaplin films ("1am" and "Rink"), with a reconstruction of music and live musicians exactly as it would have been back in 1903-1916. There were no oboes in that ragtime ensemble (so I got to watch!), but I was asked to compose and ad-lib a silent short comedy film from 1912 on unaccompanied oboe between the other films. We had a fantastic Chaplin impersonator as well, and it was a blast! Also a rare occasion for me to actually be able to wear my Paris-made 1890s-1900s melusine topper. Here are a few pics:

jrc9.jpg

l7mk.jpg

uaay.jpg

Wow Jeff that is some smokin' attire you got there! That top hat looks great. That actor in that photo is a dead ringer for Charlie Chaplin. Looks like tons of fun!

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Manfred - Cool train. Hope I can make it out to Germany some day to visit these great flea markets you go to! :thumb:

Jeff - Stellar top hat! You got the right look going on for that period. Your coat is exceptional.

Che - Great hats. You really scored that day, especially with the Mayser and the Borso. The Mayser was my favorite.

Josh - Looks like you had another fine time! Converted Stetson?

Scott - Lovely pics of the PB. Glad it didn't get washed away with the tide!! :)

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks everyone! It was really a fun day. The Chaplin impersonator was really good, too! The coat is a London Fog I commandeered from my dad awhile ago. Apparently in the 60s he was playing on a cruise ship overseas with a jazz combo, and forgot to bring a coat, so he had to purchase this one somewhere in Britain... or at least that's the story I'm told!

Josh-- amazing pics-- nice to see you on the Cajone too! The Irish band I play with actually uses a Cajone instead of a Bodhran, and it works great! And what is it with fiddle players...?

Bond, nice shots of the Evanston shore! Been a looong time since I've been there.

Great pics bowlerman, Joshbru & Bond. The topper looks at home with the chops & 'stache. Josh the suit takes the vintage look up a notch, did you set out to upstage the others?
Chepstow I've been reading about the schwebbebahn - a lot of history there. Does it run through your home town. I have passed thru Germany a few times, one day I hope to return and stay long enough to see such things (and maybe go to flea markets).

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw