Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

bwchase

Familiar Face
Attended a concert last night in Portland, Or.
"The Tenors"
One of the 4 singers sported a hat during most of the numbers.
A stingy brin black with brim up, down, then a porkpie, and finally
a nice grey short crowned fedora.
Sorry, no pictures allowed. On the few songs he was hatless, he just blended in to the group.
His choice of hats allowed a personality enhancement and image much larger than otherwise.
Not overpowering, but his individual statement.

Sold out but only saw a few hats, my pinnacle enjoyed the show from the cloakroom.

Took the kids downtown to the railroad park
b0f34b69d90bbba644d91ffccff60d35.jpg

a534b2316e96fdd9e54cbf27ce13c6f5.jpg

5b12bec218256a02990b4c15828ac4d5.jpg

159ff07b49706c71d134edcc434a6cb6.jpg

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I've been struggling to pick pics, and ended up with a respectable slide presentation of our ten day Israel trip. No shortage of subject matter there; family (we were accompanied by and toured together with some of our kids!), history, cultures, and to put the frosting on the cake, two professional basketball games featuring my son. ONE hat for the entire trip, my Vintage Silhouettes blue smoke, possibly the only gray fedora in the country full of fedoras. Black fedoras!

DSC03666a.jpg

DSC03708a.jpg DSC03712a.jpg
Getting caught up on the news. Well, I can look at the pictures, at least DSC03736a.jpg
THIS is how HUMMUS is done! DSC03745a.jpg
Lid by Panama Bob! DSC03747a.jpg

Amazing sights in Tel Aviv's Carmel Market DSC04136c.jpg

MORE to come (unless I've bored the board)!

And since you asked, Frun...
VS Blue smoke at the Sea of Galilee DSC03752a.jpg
The finest Falafel in the land, and Moti, our fantastic guide DSC03757a.jpg DSC03758a.jpg
Overlook at the Syrian border, two days before the most recent ceasefire DSC03769a.jpg

Rear view of Todd's terrific Panama...
The man knows how to wear a lid into the tunnels beneath the "Western Wall" DSC03804a.jpg DSC03815a.jpg

Even the stone masons wore (stingy) fedoras! DSC03822a.jpg

Another hummus stop, this time in Jerusalem; HIGHLY recommended! DSC03836a.jpg

My new friend, Bilal Abu Khalaf, a merchant of breathtakingly beautiful fabrics.
He has even furnished silk and gold textile for the Pope! His shop sits on top of an archaeological site in Jerusalem, which he has covered with a glass floor so it can be viewed from inside the shop. Check out his Facebook page! DSC03837a.jpg
A side note; many of Bilal's most luxurious fabrics are made in Damascus, Syria. That seemed odd to me, because at the same time, bombs are going off in Syria while such beauty continues to be made. We actually heard several explosions when we stopped to take the photo at the border, above. A food vendor parked at the overlook warned about "scratching the car" following one particularly loud boom. I actually appreciated the flip attitude, obviously calloused by living under such conditions for so long.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails