Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

ingineer

One Too Many
Mike;
Thanks for the pics of the BMW "Gummikuh" , that brings back a lot of memories.
" Is that a BMW key in your pocket? or Are you very happy.....?"
Richard

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Mike
fantastic cars
& yes that Edsel is a looker & has all I need = smoothed, shaved & slammed a slick sled for sure :cool:
Thank You for Sharing !

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
The two Isotta Fraschini's are to die for. And I'm smitten by the 1914 Mercedes Grand Prix, as well as the hybrid drive Owen Magnetic. A beautiful day, Mike. Wish I could have been there to see in person!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
As I wish I could have seen the Petite LeMans like you did last yr David. Another interesting fact about the Mercedes GP: it's 100 yrs old.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Visiting family for my two weeks of leave. Feels nice to be home

a9upeqy4.jpg

5asugahy.jpg

zeragure.jpg

e4eqa4a4.jpg

Tedquinton

A-List Customer
Love those cars.

I'm just home as well after a couple of weeks in SW Turkey, an area rich in history and with the most amazing Turquoise seas.

These pictures were taken whislt visiting the ancient city of Tlos, originally a major city in the Lycian League later occupied by the Greeks, Romans, Byzantines and finally the Ottamans, making it archaeologically extremely interesting. The necropolis area was fascinating with each culture having very different burial styles.

The overall site:

View looking down to the stadium area. It was a centre for sports and even had a swimming pool of sorts:

The Roman ampitheatre, not used for gladiators as the seats reached to the stage floor. Gladiator theatres have a high wall around the floor, for obvious reasons:

Being an archaeological site there really was only one hat to wear:

At the top! A long climb in temps well over 100 degrees Fahrenheit:

With my daughter, who would not wear a hat despite all my warnings. What can you do...

I hope I haven't bored you, I have many more photos from this trip if anyone is interested.

Greg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Not at all, tq. Looks fascinating!
Justin, nice homey pics, homey. I can't imagine being in a position where afield means at home!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou