Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feet Up! The Work Boot Thread

Red Wing 931
8 inch brown Comfortforce

a486ab3f6662cb85da9d6852ade06862.jpg
b09fba5339deed71b4783109db9cdc9a.jpg
e11fc52f4e9233d303c4797d8b7302eb.jpg
4e6f6696b436f0f0e39f637f7a225619.jpg

The shape is streamlined enough to dress them up a bit too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
Inspired by this thread, I ordered a pair of Thursday Boot Company "President" in Grizly Wheat Leather. I got them yesterday and I'm very pleased:

30775372kx.jpg

30775373mv.jpg

The fit is very much like Red Wing, which makes ist easy given that these, RW, are very widespread. Just the same size does it for me. Quality and craftmanship are very good and in particular for the fellow loungers who live in the US, the price is a steal. For me it ended up at 308,- Euros with all fees and shipping, nearly 150 $ up from the website. I guess I payed German VAT twice... ;-)

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Thursdays are a very good buy. I must have over 30 pairs of boots and shoes, but I find myself wearing either of my two Thursdays three days a week, at least. I must say, though, that I like the looks of the Redwings and the Packers above.

The Thursdays are a very good buy. I must have over 30 pairs of boots and shoes, but I find myself wearing either of my two Thursdays three days a week, at least. I must say, though, that I like the looks of the Redwings and the Packers above.
Today my Alden 405

c97a5ab8d45aeba2b2a5b983e077b947.jpg

Alden may well make the nicest casual boots out there. Very snazzy!

Sorry, I attached my Alden praise to the Thursday boot post.

The Thursday Boots look very nice too and it's good to see the reviews here. I'll have to give them a look. These firsthand reviews are great.

Inspired by this thread, I ordered a pair of Thursday Boot Company "President" in Grizly Wheat Leather. I got them yesterday and I'm very pleased:

30775372kx.jpg

30775373mv.jpg

The fit is very much like Red Wing, which makes ist easy given that these, RW, are very widespread. Just the same size does it for me. Quality and craftmanship are very good and in particular for the fellow loungers who live in the US, the price is a steal. For me it ended up at 308,- Euros with all fees and shipping, nearly 150 $ up from the website. I guess I payed German VAT twice... ;-)

There is much I admire about Germany and Europe in general. I realize that so much of what I admire is a product of your tax systems, but every time I see VAT I shudder. Maybe I should set up a shoe and boot smuggling ring?

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
I'ld be your A-list customer.
Funny thing is that on the invoice I payed to Thursday Boot Co was an item called “MWST“, which made up 20% of the boots price. Thus I identified it as an acronym for “Mehrwertsteuer“, which is the German VAT (we love these long composed words ;-)). When the package was imported the German customs raised another 19% as “Einfuhrumsatzsteuer“ anyway...
I'm simply not wealthy enough to avoid taxation.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Currently alternate between Redwing iron ranger in hawthorne muleskinner and Wolverine 1000 mile in rust. Wolverines dress up a bit better while the red wings are for the heavy lifting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB