Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fictional Character Crush

VintageVixie

MissAmelina said:
But what about Buffy and Angel?!? :) Mmmmm....Aaaannngel.

P.S. Actually, I prefer Spike. :)

You are correct, that was another old guy after a young one! But I have to admit that Buffy at 17 doesn't irk me like a nonslayer average 15 year old girl being stalked and controlled. (I prefer Spike too, however.) Maybe it should, but 17, a Slayer, and mature vs 15 and just 15 doesn't feel the same.

/thinking about this too much

Mr. Timothy from the novel of the same title... I really like his character for the honesty with which he talks about being under his 'Uncle' Ebenezer's influence, the manner in which he decides to make his own, and the descriptions of him, especially his clothes. I'd have a big crush on him if he were real. Because he's distant, and a little closed, and I'd later be smacking myself for going for the closed and distant guy.

Antje

One Too Many
It has to be Rhett Butler in Gone with the wind, I love Clark gable playing him, and even in de movie Scarlett I love Timothy Dalton when he plays Rhett

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
My ranking would be Spike for a fling, Giles to marry, toss Angel (sorry Angel fans but he just never did a thing for me--that's more for you though, right?)

As for fictional crushes I had it bad for Nick Charles (or would that be William Powell?) as a teenager. In my mind all the drinking was fictional too.

VintageVixie said:
You are correct, that was another old guy after a young one! But I have to admit that Buffy at 17 doesn't irk me like a nonslayer average 15 year old girl being stalked and controlled. (I prefer Spike too, however.) Maybe it should, but 17, a Slayer, and mature vs 15 and just 15 doesn't feel the same.

/thinking about this too much

Dixie_Amazon

Practically Family
I had a major crush on Clark Gable that started in middle school. I even had a big 8x10 glossy of him in my photo album.

Also Race Bannon from "Jonny Quest". :eek:

olive bleu

One Too Many
MissAmelina said:
Jamie from the "Outlander" series by Diana Gabaldon. I read them last year and felt like I was cheating on my husband. :)

well, MISSAMELINA, what good taste in books you have:) As soon as i saw the heading for this thread, i knew who my pick was going to be! I can't begin to tell you how many hours i have spent reading the OUTLANDER series and day dreaming about Jamie when i really should have been doing something else.lol..

The fun thing about character crushes from books( as opposed to movies) is that the character in your imagination and what that person looks like is completely unlike anyone elses.My Jamie is all mine.:)

Nothing like a man in a kilt.

JennyLou

Practically Family
I was agirls who would develop many crushes on leading men in movies and books. Here are some I can remember:
Mr. Darcy
Nick Charles
Jimmy Stewart
Data from Star Trek
Captain Sisko from Star Trek
Gilbert Blythe
and the weirdest one was Harry Truman
(I read his biography titled "Truman" and I fell in love with his belief in hard work, his quite but social personality, his small town life and his devotion to his wife.)

Mojito

One Too Many
Enjolras from "Les Miserables". A flawed yet incandescent character. One of the best fictional deaths ever.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
movie faves...

Don't have cable here so I'm so NOT up on TV characters or actors. I REAAALY love Alan Rickman as Col. Brandon, I adore Ralph Fiennes. First and foremost, I been in love with Fred Astaire since 7th grade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran