Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fine Creek Leather Eric 1,8mm

Taras

New in Town
Hi Marc, thanks for the answer)
FCL Eric from Butterscotch is 1,3mm( i bought this jacket 2 weeks ago…

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I contacted the manufacturer via e-mail … Tannin-tanned, dye-finished 1.8mm thick horsehide
Because the manufacturer said so it must be true?

Lucky strike told us their cigarettes are good for us.

IMG_9755.jpeg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Two of us had already said so lol. But glad you believe it now.

Check out Lost Worlds if you’re really after an extremely thick hide that breaks in with nice grain. (Few Fine Creeks actually live up to that marketing.) The Ryder or Test models might be what you’re after.

Taras

New in Town
Two of us had already said so lol. But glad you believe it now.

Check out Lost Worlds if you’re really after an extremely thick hide that breaks in with nice grain. (Few Fine Creeks actually live up to that marketing.) The Ryder or Test models might be what you’re after.
Thanks for the your advice

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
The Eric is a nice looking jacket, though. It would have been nice to have it in thick leather. Too bad it appears to be an urban myth.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
No myth.

Some models of FCL do come in different versions (the „Eric“, the „Leon“). Belstaff did the same around the turn of the century, and I never really bought into the concept of „summer weight“.

As for FCL, all I ever saw in the flesh was the „Leon“ in what was advertised as „2mm“.
It was neither lightweight nor particularly heavy, but I wouldn’t know how to really judge the thickness of the hide.
I doubt others do, unless they run around with measuring devices to criticise makers they don’t intend to buy from in the first place.

I am somewhat weary of the usual suspects screaming „lies“ all over the place.
I didn’t like the jacket either, but for style reasons, and then I am hardly the target group.

People, let others have their own preferences! Yours don’t matter more than theirs. The OP asked a simple question. No need to tell him, he was wrong, and he should have searched for something else in the first place.

Last edited:

Taras

New in Town
No myth.

Some models of FCL do come in different versions (the „Eric“, the „Leon“). Belstaff did the same around the turn of the century, and I never really bought into the concept of „summer weight“.

As for FCL, all I ever saw in the flesh was the „Leon“ in what was advertised as „2mm“.
It was neither lightweight nor particularly heavy, but I wouldn’t know how to really judge the thickness of the hide.
I doubt others do, unless they run around with measuring devices to criticise makers they don’t intend to buy from bitte first place.

I didn’t like the jacket either, but for style reasons, and then I am hardly the target group.

People, let others have their own preferences! Yours don’t matter more than theirs. The OP asked a simple question. No need to tell him, he was wrong, and he should have searched for something else in the first place.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I doubt others do, unless they run around with measuring devices to criticise makers they don’t intend to buy from bitte first place.

I guess I'm "the usual suspects" now but I did handle the FCL jackets because I went to one of the stores that's their big pusher in the US (this is before I was exposed to any TFL discourse about them, so no I don't think you can say "makers they don't intend to buy from". They seemed excited about it, so I was open to it, but I found the Schott, (JP made) Iron Heart (JP made), and Flat Head stuff much more appealing as designs and as the leather itself.

I did end up buying things at that store but from Sugar Cane.

I'm not a thick leather fetishist anyway, so it's not like I was after 2mm. But the feel was certainly that of a (firmer end of) midweight leather; there was also a Schott 618HH there, and you could say the feel was comparable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo