Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

<<< Fine Creek ~ Lindbergh

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I stumbled across this jacket last evening and I’m curious to know if anyone here owns one…

05889808-3C98-41D4-BBDD-451C88E44930.png

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Just did a quick search and found this.

https://ratstyle2019.shopinfo.jp/posts/10689274/

FINE CREEK LEATHERS

(Fine Creek Leathers)
Among them, this time apart from the 2021SS collection
Mr. Yamazaki repeatedly selected horse leather in particular
A model to be released in a limited quantity of "20 pieces"

Thanks Terry, I found that as well but I have no idea how to make an inquiry.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I'd be curious to see it without the Water boarding/Instagram treatment they give all their jackets. I've found that in reality, fine creek's leather is pretty blah/boring. Design looks great though. Cool details.

I have a High Large (morphed into Fine Creek) Type I and the leather is spectacular. TBH - most of the pics I've seen haven't been real impressive (like those on Self Edge where the leather looks very flat).

marker2037

Practically Family
I'd be curious to see it without the Water boarding/Instagram treatment they give all their jackets. I've found that in reality, fine creek's leather is pretty blah/boring. Design looks great though. Cool details.
Yea, there always seems to be a disconnect between what you see in their photos and what you see when someone shows off a new jacket.

However, the design of this one is at least very nice.

I have a High Large (morphed into Fine Creek) Type I and the leather is spectacular. TBH - most of the pics I've seen haven't been real impressive (like those on Self Edge where the leather looks very flat).
Indeed. When I saw SelfEdge was carrying FC I thought I might throw better sense to the wind and buy one. But the fits and the finish left much to be desired. Couldn’t rationalize it.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Indeed. When I saw SelfEdge was carrying FC I thought I might throw better sense to the wind and buy one. But the fits and the finish left much to be desired. Couldn’t rationalize it.
That’s interesting. I’ve struck out on fit for the two Japanese brands I’ve tried (RM, FW). What was it about the finish that didn’t speak to you?

That’s interesting. I’ve struck out on fit for the two Japanese brands I’ve tried (RM, FW). What was it about the finish that didn’t speak to you?
I think the fit and the hide both look well below their pay grade. I couldn’t help but think the jackets actually looked worse than my H&M premium, which was a $70 (retail $300, LOL) purchase for me. Even the leather on the FC looks the same.
H&M:
A79BE64D-6CC9-4FC7-BFE1-38BFDCA2A48C.jpeg

Fine Creek:
98B98CA0-01B8-4094-92A4-FD76BA376B73.jpeg

Both jackets are “fashion fit”. Armholes and sleeve diameter are laughably small, I really don’t like that kind of fit. To me there just isn’t an $1870 jump between these jackets. In fact I don’t think I’d pay over $70 for an FC either. I do like the design of the one you pictured but I have yet to see an “in the flesh” FC that impresses me. Terry’s trucker is cool but he dropped in a river? I reserve that kind of treatment for far less expensive jackets.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
LOL @ "he dropped it in a river"

You talking about me? :cool: It wasn't really a River! It was all a huge mistake!

Fine Creek has always reminded me of Lost Worlds back in the Day. They had a tough road here. I still have my Test from that day and it still has an asphalt finish after 15 years on the back!

I remember one comment: "Lost Worlds remind me of Luggage" I had to agree and I've owned a few.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24