Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

first a2?

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up

JWG

Familiar Face
Hi never posted before but I will say this--A-2's in a "proper" fit depending on how you like them generally are going to be trim, but NOT sausage skin. Since there is no biswing in an A2, ordering a size down could be tough on the wearer.

Just a recommendation, if you have a 39 chest, go for a 40 as depending on your build most clothing makers will usually recommend ordering the next even size up. The other thing is ask the manufacturer for a recommendation.

percy

New in Town
thanks guys. is so much info out there is hard to know where to start. although i am trying! i also joined the forum u recommended and will see what responses i can get there.

regards

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Before you spend $500+ on a jacket, be sure to have a look at Real McCoy's of New Zealand.

I've seen all manner of repro A-2s and originals, and the closest in my opinion to finish, fit, and wear is the McCoy's. That is, of course, my opinion.

Happy hunting!

The Mad Hatter

A-List Customer
I'd second the motion on getting a size 40 rather than a size 38. Indeed, there is something to be said for getting a size 42, since original design A-2s can be surprisingly trim.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
The Wingnut said:
Before you spend $500+ on a jacket, be sure to have a look at Real McCoy's of New Zealand.

I've seen all manner of repro A-2s and originals, and the closest in my opinion to finish, fit, and wear is the McCoy's. That is, of course, my opinion.

Happy hunting!

Good call Wingnut
More and more people are liking the Real McCoys A-2s- I know I do but $500 won't stretch to one of them though- more like $950 + hassle.

The secret to sizing is communicating with the vendor and getting meausurements and having some positive attitude toward what you want- otherwise, you might as well start guessing...

B
T of NZ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara