Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First hat

Devo

New in Town
Any advice for someone who is thinking about getting a hat?

I collect baseball caps (trying to get through the alphabet - L and Z are hard to find), but I am wanting to delve into a real hat.

Don't know if it should be a fedora or bowler or hamburg or whatever?
Don't even know what to wear it with or where I'd wear it.
It just seems high time to get a real hat, though.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looking for your first hat, I would always recommend Akubra. Its a good name brand, not that expensive, and you can wear it anywhere without worrying about ruining it (takes a licking and keeps coming back for more). As for style Its really up to you.
For a first hat, unless you have a style you particularly want (Bogart, Indiana Jones, Crocodile Dundee, Joe Friday....) I Would recommend a more generic middle of the road hat. Like the CEO, Fedora, Banjo Paterson. Not to tall crown, not to wide of a brim. At least until you get used to wearing a hat and know what look you want to go for.
If there is a look you want, just do a search on the character and you will most likely find a few hits with information of their hats. Or just ask.
What to wear it with? Anything you want. T-shirt or collared shirt. Blue jeans or dress pants. Whatever you feel comfortable in.
Where to wear it? Everywhere and anywhere, I never leave the house without a hat on my head.
www.hatsdirect.com
Hope that helps.

Johnny

Devo

New in Town
Thanks.

I will do more research on any kind of 'look' I might be going for.
I'm not really trying to look like anyone.
I just want to look classy.

Aerol

A-List Customer
a thought

You're right on the mark about "not trying to look like anyone."

The idea is to find a hat that makes you look more like yourself.

Devo

New in Town
rcinlv said:
Try the New Orleans Zephyrs for your "Z" baseball cap.

Cheers,

RC

Thanks! That's a great find. I may not have all of the alphabet yet but I know where to get most of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy