Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit Check: New to me Premier Half Belt

STPmotor

Familiar Face
Fit check on a new to me Aero Premier Half Belt recently purchased from the classifieds. Awesome grain. (please forgive the rambling)

Became interested in leather jackets about 5 years ago. Acquired a couple really ill fitting ones, found the Fedora Lounge...learned a lot (thank you all), acquired some better fitting ones, and saved up to purchase a mto jacket. Then got married, moved to the mid west, had a kid, weathered the pandemic, began working from home and gained some weight - so, as quickly as many of the jackets were acquired, as they no longer fit, away they went. Had a serious (non weight related) health scare...and after many check ups and doctor visits to satisfy insurance coverage requirements I realized the "no-big-deal 15 lbs" I had gained, was in reality more like 35...and committed to do something about it - an, if not for me then for my kiddo sort of thing.

Now 18 mo later I'm on the other side - all clear medically and feeling pretty good. Ran a 44min 10k which I will grant you is neither spectacular, nor has any real relevance here...but my wife cares even less about that than the fit of this jacket so have to tell somebody.

Not 100% on what my measurements are (don't think I even quite had them dialed on my mto) so any fit advice would be greatly appreciated. Hoping my wallet can weather another jacket.

I'm 5'9" on the nose and about 155lbs

I know from getting bike fit that I'm on the short torso long limbs side. Typical department store (vanity size) pant size is 29X32 depending on fit. On nicer denim or trousers that I don't plan on wearing with boots I usually go for 32.5 inseam

the blue chinos pictured have a 15.5" waist band and 32.0" inseam

the pictures in the green pants reflect the half belt as shipped (about 18" waist and 18.75" hem) the pics from today (blue chinos) reflect the half pulled pretty tight, folding in on the side panels to be about 3/4" tighter in both measurements. Not sure if the folded sides are causing a problem. Thus far no issue in movement or anything but not sure if I would be hurting the integrity of the pattern with this set up. Sleeves feel about 0.75" short maybe - but as a smaller guy I'm worried about looking like I stole my dads jacket so would rather error on the too short side than too long.

Lastly this leather is awesome. First CXLFQHH experience and it's truly great. No issues with weight or aero neck pressure issue - really feel like I got a steal.

thanks again for all your help! really have enjoyed lurking here over the past couple of years

For context:

JACKET MEASURES
PIT TO PIT 20.00"
SHOULDERS 17.00"
SLEEVES 24.25"
BACK LENGHT 23.25"
FRONT DROP 1.75"
BOTTOM HEM (Green Pants) 18.75" (Blue Chinos) 18.00"

MY MEASURES
5ft 9", 155 lbs
CHEST 39"
WAIST 29"
Not sure I'm taking shoulder measurement, roughly 16.50"

IMG_6827AA.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6827BB.jpg
    IMG_6827BB.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG_6827e.jpg
    IMG_6827e.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_6827d.jpg
    IMG_6827d.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_6827c.jpg
    IMG_6827c.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_6827a.jpg
    IMG_6827a.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_6827b.jpg
    IMG_6827b.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_6725.jpg
    IMG_6725.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_6716.jpg
    IMG_6716.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_6705.jpg
    IMG_6705.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 145

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Big congrats on the weight-loss! Truly happy for you that all is good again health wise (Healthy people have plenty of ambitions, sick people only one…).

Very nice jacket you picked up here. Good fit too. Arguably you could do another (half) inch on sleeve length, but I wouldn’t worry, and indeed some around here prefer it just like that. Rest is spot-on to my eye.

And: In my book, 44 minutes for the 10k is more than a solid achievement.

cbez

One Too Many
Right side sleeve ever so slightly short and left is perfect. Maybe you have uneven arms

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Congratulations all around, especially your weight loss!

The fit looks perfect to my eye, enjoy that beauty of a jacket!

STPmotor

Familiar Face
thanks all! admittedly a self indulgent post. thanks for bearing with.

thought maybe pulling the half belt tight was a no a go...but doesn't really bug me. nice to feel confident about measurements for the next one

Superkav

New in Town
Firstly, I'm glad your health is on the up and well done on the 10k. Even if it had taken you 85 minutes that's a great achievement.
Secondly, the jacket looks great to me and as it sounds like you are in the market for a 2nd, now you know what to look for sizewize.
If you are buying direct from Aero then you'll be able to tweak the sleeve length if it becomes an issue

STPmotor

Familiar Face
Firstly, I'm glad your health is on the up and well done on the 10k. Even if it had taken you 85 minutes that's a great achievement.
Secondly, the jacket looks great to me and as it sounds like you are in the market for a 2nd, now you know what to look for sizewize.
If you are buying direct from Aero then you'll be able to tweak the sleeve length if it becomes an issue
Thanks for the message - yeah in the market for a 2nd...but decided to go with a JL. Doing a muslin mock up first to help solidify sizing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner