Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Point Posse

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
I remember seeing this rare enough crown treatment only a couple of times. F'memory serves me correctly, Dinerman has one in this crease.

So when I got my campdraft I wanted something different than my normal diamond and I went for this crease.

I like it! Let's see your 5 pointers.

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
That's almost identical to how I crease one of mine as well. That's how that particular hat feels and looks best to me. The difference being that the rear two creases are perhaps a tad further back and not quite as sharp.

Jauntyone

Practically Family
Looks great, the perfect bash for a Campdraft. The setting of the photos, with the globe and the old desk, is a stroke of genius. Akubra should use these to advertise the Campdraft!:eusa_clap

rgraham

A-List Customer
Although this was last bashed more than 40 years ago by my grandfather, it still is showing it's points pretty well.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Bear claw anyone?

This Campdraft continues to be a work in progress. The dome needs to be raised because I don't dig the plastic on the liner sitting on my head. This should also enhance the rim creases. *

postei8.jpg

hpim0594postfo1.jpg

hpim0589postyr0.jpg

hpim0590post.jpg

* I swear on a stack of marked cards that I did not originally intend to crease this hat in a diamond. I just want to make sure that no one tries to accuse me of Diamond Intent :p.

Hey bartender, could I get another drink - and by the way you wouldn't happen to have a hat brush back there would you?

univibe88

One Too Many
Mr. 'H' said:
I remember seeing this rare enough crown treatment only a couple of times. F'memory serves me correctly, Dinerman has one in this crease.

So when I got my campdraft I wanted something different than my normal diamond and I went for this crease.

Your looks great! I can't get the 5 points to really stay in my Campdraft, but I only dry bashed mine. Did you use steam/water?

rgraham

A-List Customer
DOUGLAS said:
That is a fantastic hat RGraham!!!

Thanks. I remember my grandfather showing me how he creased his hats. First you just put a single crease down the middle to center. Then, he would hold his hand out with the fingers spread in the appropriate fashion. The middle finger would be in the back part of the crease, and then you just push down, creating the five points. Very casual effect, without a lot of over thinking.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
univibe88 said:
Your looks great! I can't get the 5 points to really stay in my Campdraft, but I only dry bashed mine. Did you use steam/water?

Dry shaped it first.

Then I steamed the crown with a few squirts of the iron's steam button and steam shaped it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats