Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

Kubatu

A-List Customer
I almost did but I chickened out. Wasn’t 100 % sure on what measurements to provide to make it accurate.

That looks really good. I've always liked the Wrangler trucker details far more than the standard Levi's type 3, so its nice to see this version in leather too. Hope it works out!

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Looks awesome man. I saw the pics on FB. Unlined interior looks really well done. Sweet!

Ah, I rarely log into FB, so I missed that. Yeah, I was going for a more conservative 50’s spread collar. If I did my numbers correctly, it should be able to look pretty nice after some water and some moulding.

That looks really good. I've always liked the Wrangler trucker details far more than the standard Levi's type 3, so its nice to see this version in leather too. Hope it works out!

Agree, I much prefer Wrangler’s version. I never see these done in leather, only one I’ve seen was the Lee Trevor that @tmitchell59 sold a while back. I was too slow and missed it.
Pics look good and they nailed the measurements, so I have good hope it will fit nicely.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I should wait until I have it in hand, but daaaaaamn I think this looks real promising. Shawn just sent me QC pictures of the trucker jacket they built for me. There´s an issue with the neck hole circumference that we need to iron out, but apart from that they hit all the requested measurements and this turned out even nicer than I hoped for.

edit: neck hole issue was just me misunderstanding one of the QC pictures. All is good, and they nailed every measurement I provided. Now I just pray and hope that I provided enough measurements to get a good fit.

View attachment 291090 View attachment 291091

Now why did you have to go this for, torfjord? :p This is pretty much what I was going to commission, instead of the one currently being made for me. Unlined too. Can't wait to see this.

I might have to go the '70's collar - @ton - do you think 3 inches will do it?

What neck opening did you settle on?

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Now why did you have to go this for, torfjord? :p This is pretty much what I was going to commission, instead of the one currently being made for me. Unlined too. Can't wait to see this.

That’s good for you though! Just ask for a different collar and your measurements - should be cheaper when they already have the pattern for it.

Neck opening is 42 cm or 16.5” - exactly what I requested. I must say that I really appreciate the process with the QC pictures.

Bahabp100

Practically Family
That’s good for you though! Just ask for a different collar and your measurements - should be cheaper when they already have the pattern for it.

Neck opening is 42 cm or 16.5” - exactly what I requested. I must say that I really appreciate the process with the QC pictures.
Is this the 5* J-100?
9CCC5E3D-5C00-4408-A7DE-4F2869E9535D.png

Bahabp100

Practically Family
It's a photo of my jacket - based on Buco J-100 specs I sent them. Mine was a size 23.5 pit to pit/27 back/26.5 sleeves.
I’m thinking of a black suede version. If I did that with out a lining, will the leather side of the suede work as a “rough out”? or not

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I should wait until I have it in hand, but daaaaaamn I think this looks real promising. Shawn just sent me QC pictures of the trucker jacket they built for me. There´s an issue with the neck hole circumference that we need to iron out, but apart from that they hit all the requested measurements and this turned out even nicer than I hoped for.

edit: neck hole issue was just me misunderstanding one of the QC pictures. All is good, and they nailed every measurement I provided. Now I just pray and hope that I provided enough measurements to get a good fit.

View attachment 291090 View attachment 291091

What leather did you pick? It looks like an unlined jacket? That looks very well made! Hope you get it soon

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
What leather did you pick? It looks like an unlined jacket? That looks very well made! Hope you get it soon

I went with their premium seal goat per recommendation by @ton312 . It is unlined, first time I try that. Been wanting to for a while. I should have it before New Year or slightly after that.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I’m thinking of a black suede version. If I did that with out a lining, will the leather side of the suede work as a “rough out”? or not

That depends on what suede they are using. Cow suede is usually split, meaning that both sides will have the suede texture to it. Some goat suede (all?) have the skin side under making it essentially a rough out. Ask Shawn about it :)

3” will do it! Ask for the same collar as the Californian. That one is 3” the all weather is 4.5”.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I went with their premium seal goat per recommendation by @ton312 . It is unlined, first time I try that. Been wanting to for a while. I should have it before New Year or slightly after that.

The thick seal goatskin is nice, probably the best they offer at this time. Alright hope to hear what you say about the unlined jacket feel! Just the body or also the sleeves are unlined? Congrats on this killer project, I won't be surprised if they offer this pattern as a stock jacket

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
The thick seal goatskin is nice, probably the best they offer at this time. Alright hope to hear what you say about the unlined jacket feel! Just the body or also the sleeves are unlined? Congrats on this killer project, I won't be surprised if they offer this pattern as a stock jacket

Yeah, I’m a bit scared that I won’t like the unlined leather but I’ve wanted to try for a long time. I think since @Monitor got his unlined Aero trucker. And he seems to like his so shouldn’t be a problem.

Pandemic

One Too Many

I’ve been thinking the same thing! Either a black or snuff suede J100.

Edit: Shawn says he currently has
‘Black Goat Suede Leather and Golden Brown Buffalo Suede Leather’.

I’m guessing price would be around $300, but whenever I ask for a ballpark quote I’m asked for mailing address, measurements and details.

Last edited:

Hobbes1

A-List Customer
Usps tracking doesn’t seem to have been working since last week. I dropped both my donated 5 stars off Thursday and neither one shows anything but “label created”. If Shawn finishes my starcaidia this week I may just ask he not ship until after Xmas.

First, you are off loading 5* jackets? Which one(s) did you keep?
Second, DHL seems to be a bit behind in updating tracking as well. Hoping for a pre-Christmas delivery but ok if it's doesn't happen.

dannyk

One Too Many
Usps tracking doesn’t seem to have been working since last week. I dropped both my donated 5 stars off Thursday and neither one shows anything but “label created”. If Shawn finishes my starcaidia this week I may just ask he not ship until after Xmas.
That package I posted a picture of in a different thread that you might remember since you commented on. It showed nothing since December 10th. It arrived two days ago and still shows in Wisconsin since December 10th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace