Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fixing Leather Jacket Creases

Miles2000

New in Town
Can these creases be fixed? What can I do to fix these creases? I have been storing the leather jacket on a normal plastic hanger. Will a solid wood hanger fix these creases? Photos attached showing the creases.

Attachments

• IMG_0250.jpeg
    IMG_0250.jpeg
    664.7 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0249.jpeg
    IMG_0249.jpeg
    693.5 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0255.jpeg
    IMG_0255.jpeg
    669 KB · Views: 140

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Wear it more, and continue breaking in the leather. There's no going back. It will look fine once it's fully broken in.

When stored on the hanger, keep it zipped, and consider stuffing the shoulders and sleeves to fill them out. Swimming pool noodles work well for this. And use a proper, wide hanger for coats.

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Wear it and maybe give it a little break from all the hanger time. I like to lay my jackets flat on a table for a few days here and there.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Looks fine to me. Some creasing is normal for jackets of that type of leather (cowhide, presumably).

Welcome to FL by the way!

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Can these creases be fixed? What can I do to fix these creases? I have been storing the leather jacket on a normal plastic hanger. Will a solid wood hanger fix these creases? Photos attached showing the creases.
that is how a jacket with single chest pocket will crease, if you want more balanced creasing then pick a jacket with chest pocket on each side or no chest pocket at all, you can somewhat lessen creases by making the leather damp and iron it over a towel, but on leather creases is a one way street once the leather is creased it won't unlearn it, only other creases will develop around it and overtime all the creases will balance it out so it will drape a lot more natural overtime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner