Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flash your Zippo lighter here

Mario

I'll Lock Up
A little strange it is, that they come with german letters also
Do you have an explanation for this Mario....could it be a name for a US airforce base situated in Germany ? but then there are the marine lighters also? it really puzzles me.

zippoformartin.jpg

I'm no expert on USAF bases in Germany but I believe that this lot was simply made for the German market (and many Germans seem to be obsessed with all things USA). It clearly says 'Sturmfeuerzeug' in the caption, which is actually German for 'windproof' or, as they put it here, 'oil' lighter.

I can't read the print on the top row of lighters but both Kadena AB and White Beach are facilities at Okinawa - which is definitely not in Germany... ;)

Last edited:

Pinhead

One of the Regulars
my father remembers getting rashes on his leg from the leaking zippo in his pocket...in the 60s...

I've still got a scar on my leg from pre-high school days.

We moved across the ocean when I was a boy. Smoking was forbidden (for me, anyway). We were on a long plane ride and I filled my my lighter FULL! (because I had to smoke up, later).

Half way through, it started burning my "parts". By then, it's too late.

You can't even wash it off, after the fact. The burn stays.

(And, leaves a scar.)

Pinhead

One of the Regulars
And! WHAT did I say?... !

Ya'll NEVER post more stuff!

I DON'T NEED MORE ZIPPO!!!

You ARE a bunch of enablers.

(I have (several) late '80's 'Firestone' Zippo's.)

(I would post pictures, except, they look like brushed Zippo's with a Firestone logo!)

(And, Dad's engraved brass one!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo